It is a joke. Not juke
By divejunkie33 on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
Poor, poor gas milage not like advertised...It is false advertisement. I tried my best to get better gas milage however can not get over 26.1 on highway. My 2000 Buick Century with 3.1 engine gets better gas milage(like 28). Not a joke. Seats are too stiff I drove 4 hrs today I barely got out of the car, my back was hurting. Not a joke. Look interior what you see? plastic, plastic and more plastic It is a good looking car if you hang out at Starbucks Coffee, it fits in parking spot perfect. That is joke...
Favorite Features
Color
Suggested Improvements
Arm resting, more comfortable seats, more leg room back seat
By wessica007
on 02/15/12 13:31 PM (PST)

I agree, the juke is a joke. I have been contacting nissan with no response as well. I am getting 19.8mpg. Looking for a lawyer. Is anyone interested in getting in on a class action lawsuit against nissan? My projected loss over a 10year period is $7,000-$10,000 dollars depending on if the gas milage were 27-32mpg as advertised. Anyone in?

By ajmayer
on 11/12/11 23:46 PM (PST)

did you complain to the dealership or to nissan? i am having same issue and i contacted both and nissan customer service told me they cant do anything for me because its not just my car its a problem across the board. really think we need pursue this matter. and they continue to advertise this veh as if it is getting 30 mpg's.

By marspars
on 12/09/11 17:23 PM (PST)

I'm having the same issue as well. 240 miles per tank MAXIMUM and I do not drive this thing harshly; I drive it on eco mode most of the time, let off the pedal when I'm going down hill, don't blast the heat/ac, etc. Really frustrated in my communication with the dealership as my problem keeps getting passed off to the next guy. Please tell me I won't be paying for a car for the next 5 years that does this. The strange thing is, the car will be blinking that the tank is empty, and I'll go to fill up and the gas meter at the station will say that I only put 9 gallons in. (It's a 13-gallon car, not an AWD model). This creates a big WTF from me.

By jukiemcjuke
on 02/20/12 15:07 PM (PST)

From the stars you awarded in your review, it's obvious that you bought on looks alone. Now you're trying to convince everyone that you bought a Juke for it's mileage (as if it's supposed to be some sort of Prius) just so you don't look like a fool for buying a car you hated from the beginning because it was flashy. Clearly your mileage is within the range given on the window sticker if you had bothered to read it. Do your research next time.

By ptmch
on 11/24/11 08:51 AM (PST)

On the same commute route to work, I can get 32~34 MPG If I drive sensibly and properly. However, I normally get 23~24 because I drive this car the way it meant to be driven. MPG on this car depends A LOT on how you drive and also the route; much more so than other cars.

By timbrewolf
on 01/11/12 15:47 PM (PST)

The fuel pump is IN the gas tank, which takes up a couple gallons or more apparently of space - I'm getting about 240 miles maximum per tank as well. I get better mileage in Sport mode than Eco (strangely, when I drive it hard I get better mileage - I'm not sure why but I assume getting up to speed fast and then coasting is better than the gradual build in RPM and feeding gas). I've been reading on the forums, and while not many people are getting stated mileage, it looks like the Juke has a much longer break-in period for fuel economy than most cars and continue to get better mpg well toward 10k miles.