False advertising/Fuel Economy
By dbucolo on
2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I purchased this vehicle strickly on Gas Mileage, I traded a 2007 GMC Yukon that had Flex fuel capabilites and fuel adjustment that got 22 miles on the HWY. The Juke gets 23 at best. I turn off the Air, set on Econo mode and stay at 70mph to acheive 23. I cross the desert and have a 3 hour drive every week. The city is 18 at best. I hate the fact that I got rid of a 5.4 engine and much more comfort for a 1.6 and only get a few miles to the gallon better, this is a huge dissapointment and Nissan should be sued for false advertisement!
Favorite Features
None
Suggested Improvements
Tell the truth on the fuel economy.
By wessica007
on 03/02/12 08:42 AM (PST)

I got suckered in as well. I have the 2011 getting 19-20mpg. traded my nice infiniti w leather and bose system. anyone interested in a class action lawsuit or lawyer action on your own? im in the process of this. let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nissan lies and must be stopped!

By jukiemcjuke
on 02/20/12 15:39 PM (PST)

Short gearing, a chunky design, and a turbocharger conspire to make Jukes extremely sensitive to how they are driven when it comes to MPG. I can achieve combined fuel efficiency numbers (50/50 city/hwy) as low as 20 MPG to as high as 30 MPG depending on how I drive.

By ptmch
on 11/24/11 09:00 AM (PST)

With my Juke, my commute to work is about 60% LA Freeway, 40% local, total of 40 mile each way. Depends on how I drive, I can get upto 34 MPG or as low as 22 MPG (one week average); all depends on how I drive. For those who are consider buying, when you test drive, have dealer reset the Ave MPG at center dash and test drive the vehicle like you normally would. At the end of test drive you will find what you should expect if you purchase the vehicle. MPG various a lot on how you drive with this car. At the end the day, it's up to you to decide between performance and fuel economy.

By ajmayer
on 11/12/11 23:48 PM (PST)

so agree with you with the gas mileage thing have you called nissan or your dealer? i did about mine and i was told there is nothing they can do strongly not recommend anybody to buy a juke.

By jukedriver
on 04/21/14 09:36 AM (PDT)

The Juke is a funny car when it comes to MPG - in real life, I get about 23 (50/50 highway/city). However, when driven just below 55 Mph on a flat highway (low density traffic - avoid braking & acceleration) I got better than 29 - however, with everybody but horse buggies passing me (and probably thinking of me as a major traffic hurdle). It seems that the gears are tuned towards that speed & scenario - in other words, not realistic. If you get 20 or less - is the AWD off? Are you accelerating often, and hard? Engine revving high enough for the turbo to kick in on long highway stretches? Are you using the Nissan recommended 93 octane gas? Are you getting your oil changed every 3,000 miles, as recommended?