Know what you are buying.
By tomcat20 on
2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I bought this car for my wife. She hates car buying and leaves that decision to me. Now, that doesn't get me off the hook; if I bought her a lemon, I'd surely pay. After reading all the various comments regarding space, lighting, arm rest and storage I wonder if those people actual sat or drove the car before buying it. Fuel economy is good...yes good but only if you drive in 2wd on ECO mode. But with just under 180hp, you're likely to want to go fast. Remember fast = more gas. I wasn't impressed with the interior and the dash is rather basic. The ride is tight and the CVT struggles. But that's it. The car is a joy to drive. Once you get use to the CVT, it can be a lot of fun.
Favorite Features
AWD and heated seats are a minimum. Big wheels will help with the ride. Lots of driver/passanger room, but back seat is not a real option. Three driver modes (Sport, Normal and ECO) actually work well in managing the transmission. Spend a few $$ and get push-button start and you have a nice little compact car.
Suggested Improvements
Bigger fuel tank. Needs smother ride. CVT needs more refinement. Nicer radio and speakers.