Engine problems
By 4battles on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor. I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.
By jackeye
on 01/14/14 16:11 PM (PST)

Same here 2011 Juke 54,000 miles,slow start at Nissan 112 but my wife made a call to Nissan headquarters,1/2 hour later wwe got a call from the dealer had a loner car for us and car was in shop today getting ready for new engine....bull crap ended

By cm57
on 06/20/13 05:59 AM (PDT)

How did you get Nissan to pay for engine and parts? My 2011 Juke has 69,000 miles. Timing chain broke and Nissan service dept. says need new engine. Cost is $7100 plus labor.

By cm57
on 06/20/13 07:06 AM (PDT)

I cant believe this. My mother's timing belt just snapped at 63,000 miles. Dealership says over 7000 dollars plus labor to install a new engine!! The warranty had just barely ended at 60 thousand miles but from what Im reading they wouldnt have have covered the warranty anyway!! She still owes over 15,000 dollars. How can she pay this car payment every month and have no car to drive. I say LEMON, LEMON, LEMON. And Theres got to be a way to have Nissan stand behind their obviously flawed engineered design. I promise we are not going to be the only ones that this happens to. Anybody can Email me at marcpilot1@yahoo.com to get my details as I start the process of having Nissan take care of this lemon issue. I will be happy to give step by step information of jwhat I do and what results I get. But we really should stick together as that will make us more powerful. Sorry for my mothers and all of your losses as well folks and email me anytime at marcpilot1@yahoo.com

By time8
on 04/14/14 07:33 AM (PDT)

reply to By eliza63 on 03/14/14 15:07 PM (PDT) Same here. No warning lights at all. They said it was that the oil was dirty. I'm not stupid. 2011 Juke 49,700 miles. 2 years 11months. This is bull-crap that there is no recall with the amount of people I'm seeing making the same claim. Anyone hear of any recalls yet? Who do we have to scream at to get our cars fixed. I am having the same issue. What was the outcome in your situation?

By ihatenissan4
on 06/22/13 05:40 AM (PDT)

By timbo21
on 03/21/13 17:07 PM (PDT)

my mother is having the same problem with hers at 55000 miles and they are trying to weassle out of doing the work under warranty. JUKES ARE A JOKE!!!

By ramonak
on 03/17/14 23:26 PM (PDT)

I am joining the group. I love my Juke. Two weeks ago I took it in for a sound in the engine. It took them a week to diagnose it as a bad turbo. It takes a week to order parts and replace the turbo. Now they are saying the engine is bad because of sludgy oil and it needs to be replaced. My car has 35K miles. The dealership says that it's unlikely Nissan will replace the engine unless I can produce service receipts. So what else is possible here? After seeing that everyone else is having trouble, I am interested in pursing this with Nissan. Has anyone on here tried yet?

By eliza63
on 03/14/14 15:07 PM (PDT)

By ihatenissan4
on 06/22/13 05:33 AM (PDT)

We too are having these issues except ours wants $9000, we are past warranty but as stated previously they don't honour it anyway. It's insane to have to replace an engine after only three years. Isn't that the point of buying new so you have at LEAST 5 years before worrying about this?!? I'm calling nissan customer care today and I'm also sending this link to the news stations because I am positive there are more cases that haven't been reported online or haven't happened yet. My email is dannigirl711@hotmail.com thanks for sharing yours too cm57

By kgd79
on 04/08/13 15:36 PM (PDT)

Same here. I would love to know how you got them to pay for the engine. They expect me to pay $8,500 for engine and labor.

By lms18
on 04/24/14 12:11 PM (PDT)

Wow! Same thing just happened to me! But my 2011 Juke only has 28,000 miles on it!!! I'm sorry, but there is NO reason a car from 2011 with such low mileage should need a NEW engine. I have receipts of 3 oil changes (getting 4th one this month w/ my inspection) but they are trying to tell me that's not enough and it was bad oil and it's not going to be covered under my warranty! They want me to pay $8,800 plus $250 for new engine and diagnostics test. My car was making the same noise everyone is describing and then it stalled on me. I had it towed to dealership and now I'm dealing with this! Please tell me how you got Nissan to pay for this! This is complete BS! I'm so beside myself right now! :(