2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Review: Engine Dies After 68,000 miles

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Review

Engine Dies After 68,000 miles / 2 years & 3 months
By deadjuke2011 on

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great driving vehicle. Enjoyed our time together. That is until it died without any warning. Guess what - it was the timing chain. No warning and no sign of any problem. It broke and left me in the middle of the highway. I was able to coast to the next exit and wait for a tow to the nearest Nissan dealer. I had no idea what the problem was. I thought it was electrical. They confirmed it was not electrical and it was the engine. But it would take 5 hours to take it apart to diagnose the problem. That means I would have to pay them $500 to tell me the engine was dead and needed to be replaced. The timing chain appears to be very common. Nissan was not helpful. It was just outside the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to be asamed of themselves. They are selling a defective vehicle with serious design flaws. What will it take for them to man up and fix the problem? They need to stand behind this and fix the defective parts. They need to repay the poor soles who are forced to replace the engine.
By jennspenca123
on 01/03/14 11:14 AM (PST)

No way! I just had the same thing happen! My engine started to tick so I took it in TWO weeks later I finally got it back with a completely rebuilt engine because the timing chain was faulty. Thankfully I was still under my dealerships warranty.