A Little Dissapointed...
By bparks89834 on
2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I traded in my 2009 MINI S hardtop for a 2011 Juke SV. Main motivation: my daily commute includes 15 miles of gravel road and frequent snowy winter conditions. The Cooper had issues--it rattled on the gravel, and never liked snow over 2" deep. It had virtues--consistently 36 mpg, and a blast to drive. The Juke sounded great--greater ground clearance, AWD, turbo-charged with HP to match the S, and an MPG rated at 25 city, 30 hwy. If only... Currently, I'm getting 24.2 mpg on mostly highways, driving like a pansy in ECO, staying in 2 wheel drive the vast majority of the time, and holding my mouth right. Nissan: how did you get this wrong?
Favorite Features
A very solid car. Great features. Utterly a bargain compared to a comparable MINI Cooper--i.e. the Countryman. Love the 4 doors, the cargo space, the ride, the acceleration, the maneuverability. Very distinctive styling, I've always got to smile when I meet it after work in the parking lot. It's a beautiful piece of machinery. Still, Nissan, how did you screw up so badly on fuel economy? And why did you throw an 11 gallon fuel tank into this poor car to add insult to injury? Out here in Nevada, I actually have to alter my long haul routes just to accommodate the fuel needs of this ridiculous beast.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy and driving range! Make this a true 30 mpg vehicle with at least a 400 mile range. Subaru has managed it with the Outback. Why can't Nissan?