Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Sport Cross delivers Fun and Excitement in a unique package
By timbrewolf

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I love Dan Neil's review in the WSJ of the Nissan Juke that it "looks like a Murano in larval stage", but owning one it feels like a combination of some of the best Nissan features from the lineup.
The turbo direct injection works well with the CVT transmission to deliver impressive pull across the power range, while the unique styling will definitely turn some heads.
The look can be polarizing, but it grows on most, and definitely separates the Juke from a sea of look-alike sedans and economy hatchbacks.
Add on the top-notch build quality (especially in the SL additions), and technology in the engine and interior, and it's the most fun I've ever had in a car!

While it may not have the growl of a large displacement, American sports car, when the Juke hits around 3k RPMs and the turbo boost kicks in, it definitely has a RAWR. The claws come out and pull this thing along the road. Swerving through curves and traffic, it's so fun that I'm surprised I haven't gotten a ticket yet! The short body, and high ride height make it easy to drive and easy to park, and the unique look lets it stand alone in a parking lot. It's an amalgamation of car/SUV/hatchback features that I never would have thought of, but it works better than expected, and I enjoy the car more every day I drive it!

* Small fuel tank * Less than stated mileage

2011 Juke
By michelle65

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I waited about 5 months to write this review based on the fact that the nostalgia of a new car can sometimes override the cold hard facts that come after that nostalgia wears off. I purchased my Juke after hurricane Irene totaled my Mazda 3 in flood waters. I was drawn to the unique styling and its AWD feature. I do truly still enjoy my Juke and I love the way it handles and its sporty little get up and go attitude.

The body shape, the acceleration, the special features ...heated leather seats, built in navigation system, the electric moon roof, satellite radio, push button start and 3 drive modes

things that need improvements are: better gas millage, when I commuted 70 miles round trip a day I filled every 3 days, now I commute about 18 miles round trip and can go about 10 days , smoother ride, you feel every bump, console would be nice instead of everything being exposed, interior lights for things like lock/unlock buttons and mirror controls, at night these are very hard to locate. The side mirrors are actually so large that on 2 different occasions I was blinded by them and didn't see an oncoming car pulling out of a parking lot, and a pedestrian the second time. I dont like that the AC automatically comes on when you turn the climate gages on....in the winter this is not needed

To Juke or not to Juke!
By osu_dtm

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I will say the car is fun to drive...
BUT... like many other reviews... the frog does not get the gas mileage it should and a 11 gal gas tank is pathetic.
I can get 26 mpg on the highway with really babying the car - meaning no quick accelerations, not going over 65, and in ECO mode.
Once you hit the gas and try to pass anyone you will get 23 mpg.
This is with 91 octane.
I also noticed the electronic gas mile estimate is not accurate.
If you do the math mileage/# of gals you will get better numbers.
For example, the car states 22.8 and I am getting 23.4.
Also, the interior has too much plastic, the seats are pretty stiff, and there is no arm rest which is ridiculous.

Fun to drive, like the look, and it performs well for being a 1.6. I also like the sound system. I have the SL - wanted the sub, fog lights, navi, rear camera, heated seats etc... which was worth the extra 3K to me.

Needs better gas mileage, a larger gas tank, an arm rest would be great, and loose the plastic. There is also very little room in the backseat for any older kids - forget adults. I have two young kids so they can deal with this once in a while. It is really just a commute car for me. 100 miles a day and I do go to the gas station every other day... :(

Whipper Snapper of a car!
By kpofsobos

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I traded in my 2007 Rav4 Sport in early September for the Juke. I live in the city, and needed a smaller car to increase the likelihood of finding street parking. I chose this vehicle because it was a crossover, had AWD, and was small. I've tried unleaded, mid, and now I'm on premium gas. My consensus: the better the gas the better the MPG. Maybe it's mental, but I feel like the car rides better/smoother with premium as well. Seats are comfortable, interior feels really spacious, and I don't feel as though the backseat is too tight or that head room is a problem. When I jump on the highway I just zoom along and when I look down a few seconds later- BOOM! I'm going 80 mph. No armrest=bummer.

size of vehicle, acceleration, interior

armrest, leather seating

Bionic Frog
By warpedscout

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased my Juke a few days ago and have been pleasantly suprised by this car. I have been wanting a Mini since they came out again but too many maintenance issues (Transmissions going out) and having to take it to a BMW dealership for service (1 1/2 hours away). The styling is love or hate but in my opinion very cool!! If you drive it right and keep premium fuel in the vehicle your will get good mileage (K&N air filter will help also). I am currently getting about 27 MPG just tooling around enjoying the car. Seating is good for my family and the interior is comfortable and fun.

Styling of vehicle and interior. Would suggest purchasing the loaded out version of the car for just a few thousand more to get the leather and all the doo-dads.

Armrest, turbo timer (you must read the manual to know to idle the car for 30 seconds on start up and a minute or two before shutting off so you do not starve the turbo and wear/warp the bearings).