Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

False advertising/Fuel Economy
By dbucolo

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I purchased this vehicle strickly on Gas Mileage, I traded a 2007 GMC Yukon that had Flex fuel capabilites and fuel adjustment that got 22 miles on the HWY. The Juke gets 23 at best. I turn off the Air, set on Econo mode and stay at 70mph to acheive 23. I cross the desert and have a 3 hour drive every week. The city is 18 at best. I hate the fact that I got rid of a 5.4 engine and much more comfort for a 1.6 and only get a few miles to the gallon better, this is a huge dissapointment and Nissan should be sued for false advertisement!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Tell the truth on the fuel economy.

Fun to Drive and Affordable
By welshy3575

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The JUKE is let's say unique looking and I thought it was a joke of a car until I drove it. It brought a smile to my face. It is a very engaging car to drive, very spirited, and the seats are extremely comfortable, and definitely not found in cars at this price point. We now have just over 20,000 miles on our Juke and to date it has been very reliable. Inteior pluses are comforatbe seats, easy to read gauges, large rearview side mirrors. wish there was a center armrest, window and door lock switches should light up, and wish there was ambient lighting. Rear seat room should be increased a couple inches both in leg room and head room. ^th gear needs to be more fuel econmy minded.

Favorite Features

Engine & steering. Like the adjustable settings for steering and engine response. For $23390, it came fully loaded with leather seats, heated front seats, power mirrors, fully adjustable manual drivers seats (wish it was power), push button start, keyless entry with the new technologhy of just pushing a button on the door, auto climate control, aluminum wheels, moonroof, carpeted floor and trunk mat, & trip computer. I think for the money Nissan has built a fun to drive vehicle that has uniqueness and personality to it. Most vehicles in this price range are mundane and boring. The ride height make syou forget your in a small vehicle as does the way it absorbs road imperfections.

Suggested Improvements

Center Arm Rest, 3-4 inches more of rear legroom, and 2-3 inches more of rear headroom. Improve trunk capacity a bit, or just make the load floor lower without having to remove it manually. Add more sound deading materials, road noise for the class is decent, but for $20 more in materials it could be superb. This car is quite fun, don't mess up it's uniqueness and fun to drive characteristics.

20000 miles
By pheonixunc

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I traded in Nissan cube for the frog as soon as it came out early October 2010 and put over 20000 miles on it. Since then, it has sufferred from ignited "engine check lights" until recent recall measure from Nissan. Other than that, it is full of lovely features for the price, unique style, great performance and cool fuel economy. Solid handling is very attracting point to me especially on corners even against strong wind. Thank you NISSAN for making 21st century Datsun!!!

Favorite Features

Turbo power, Solid steering, confortable front seat, excellent fuel economy averaging 31-32 wiht normal mode, flat cargo room for my napping, sporty but elegant back side design.

Suggested Improvements

Hid headlights, bigger back seats, less blind spot on driver side, more practical widow side arm-rest, regular gas recommeded.

An Honest review
By instinctive

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I heard reviews for the Juke for 2 weeks before i made a purchase, I just bought one today and i'm so happy i did. So here is what happened, I traded in a 1999 Honda Civic to get this puppy, It's just as good on gas as a older civic but it has was more powerful and spacious as well. I don't drive like a maniac but I've pushed the pedal hard and i get 27.6mpg combine so it's good, and on regular gas by the way. I'm also not nearly a hardcore car reviewer I'm just a normal 9-5 guy. See below

Favorite Features

Everything, Engine noise is little, It's comfy for a 2.5hour drive, stock stereo is good and it has space if you need cargo room

Suggested Improvements

Needs more leg room in the back, that's about it. Honestly this car is a Jack of all trades, If your looking for moderate cargo,comfort,power,MPG, this is for you. If you need 2 or more of the above listed don't get this, you'll just be picky about it. I hope i helped.

Juk'in
By tejaskinder

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Purchased in October 2010. To date no issues with any mechanical systems. Rear window stopped working but self-healed. Average 25 mpg's almost all the time. Easy to park. Enough room for really only two adults in front and small ones in the back........I'm 6'2" and have plenty of leg and head room, but would crush another adult behind me.....Not bad pricing for an AWD vechile with decent gas milage....

Favorite Features

Engine power is nice, leg room in front, controls are easy to use after getting use to them, farily nice sound system, good side view mirrows

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is very pronounced No charging ports for rear seat passengers Need a flashlight in the back seat to see at night Cargo area is also poorly lighted AC discharges right on hands and you can't cut them off or adjust them enough to miss Folding armrest would be wonderful Wider armrest on doors would be wonderful