Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Most Helpful|
To Juke or not to Juke!
By osu_dtm

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I will say the car is fun to drive... BUT... like many other reviews... the frog does not get the gas mileage it should and a 11 gal gas tank is pathetic. I can get 26 mpg on the highway with really babying the car - meaning no quick accelerations, not going over 65, and in ECO mode. Once you hit the gas and try to pass anyone you will get 23 mpg. This is with 91 octane. I also noticed the electronic gas mile estimate is not accurate. If you do the math mileage/# of gals you will get better numbers. For example, the car states 22.8 and I am getting 23.4. Also, the interior has too much plastic, the seats are pretty stiff, and there is no arm rest which is ridiculous.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, like the look, and it performs well for being a 1.6. I also like the sound system. I have the SL - wanted the sub, fog lights, navi, rear camera, heated seats etc... which was worth the extra 3K to me.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better gas mileage, a larger gas tank, an arm rest would be great, and loose the plastic. There is also very little room in the backseat for any older kids - forget adults. I have two young kids so they can deal with this once in a while. It is really just a commute car for me. 100 miles a day and I do go to the gas station every other day... :(

No JUKE, just a pathetic JOKE
By msbeanz

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had my 2011 Juke for 2yrs now and at first I loved the look, the handling, the size and fact that it can fit into the smallest parking spots! But 2 yrs later I am so done with it and have a baby on the way so its already to small just for 2 adults and our lab in the back. I sit thru 45 min of traffic going home every single day and the shifting in stop and go traffic is horrible! It really struggles in traffic! The hatchback is a joke if you want to fit anything more than a few grocery bags or if put one or both back seats down that's really the only time you can fit something of size into it. Again, with a baby on the way I will no longer be able to fold both seats down for storage!

Favorite Features

Love the look, mainly one of the reasons I got it, very un- cookie cutter. Be prepared to get stares absolutely every where you go though!

Suggested Improvements

Everything.....is that asking too much? Oh and the paint job is another joke, chips at the slightest touch of anything but your finger! Arm rests, middle console, a console on the dash possibly like other Nissans??? better gas mileage, better shifting, not requiring premium gas just about the whole dang car needs improvement. And that's being said after being one of the luckier ones who have only had 2 recalled parts and no major malfunctions like the first models that came out! those poor people. Cabin size needs to be bigger unless you are a barbie or liliputan...

Engine Dies After 68,000 miles / 2 years & 3 months
By deadjuke2011

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great driving vehicle. Enjoyed our time together. That is until it died without any warning. Guess what - it was the timing chain. No warning and no sign of any problem. It broke and left me in the middle of the highway. I was able to coast to the next exit and wait for a tow to the nearest Nissan dealer. I had no idea what the problem was. I thought it was electrical. They confirmed it was not electrical and it was the engine. But it would take 5 hours to take it apart to diagnose the problem. That means I would have to pay them $500 to tell me the engine was dead and needed to be replaced. The timing chain appears to be very common. Nissan was not helpful. It was just outside the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to be asamed of themselves. They are selling a defective vehicle with serious design flaws. What will it take for them to man up and fix the problem? They need to stand behind this and fix the defective parts. They need to repay the poor soles who are forced to replace the engine.

2011 Juke
By michelle65

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I waited about 5 months to write this review based on the fact that the nostalgia of a new car can sometimes override the cold hard facts that come after that nostalgia wears off. I purchased my Juke after hurricane Irene totaled my Mazda 3 in flood waters. I was drawn to the unique styling and its AWD feature. I do truly still enjoy my Juke and I love the way it handles and its sporty little get up and go attitude.

Favorite Features

The body shape, the acceleration, the special features ...heated leather seats, built in navigation system, the electric moon roof, satellite radio, push button start and 3 drive modes

Suggested Improvements

things that need improvements are: better gas millage, when I commuted 70 miles round trip a day I filled every 3 days, now I commute about 18 miles round trip and can go about 10 days , smoother ride, you feel every bump, console would be nice instead of everything being exposed, interior lights for things like lock/unlock buttons and mirror controls, at night these are very hard to locate. The side mirrors are actually so large that on 2 different occasions I was blinded by them and didn't see an oncoming car pulling out of a parking lot, and a pedestrian the second time. I dont like that the AC automatically comes on when you turn the climate gages on....in the winter this is not needed

Replacing engine at 40K
By tobyc

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought our 2011 Juke at 27k. At 40k, it developed a knock in the engine. Took it to dealer where it was purchased and was told the seals in the lower engine were gone and engine needed replaced. The worst part of the experience was the inference by the service advisor that the problem was caused by not replacing the oil regularly, which is completely untrue. I felt he was trying to cast blame for an issue other may also be experiencing. Looks like this car will be gone before the warranty is up on the engine in a few years. Second thought here about Nissan???

Favorite Features

AWD Peppy turbo Stable cornering

Suggested Improvements

more headroomin the back seat a larger 4 cyl. non-turbo option