Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Engine problems
By 4battles

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor. I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.

Love my 2011 Juke but not its Tires
By jukeownerohio

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall , I love my 2011 Juke with its many features. It now has approximately 25,000 miles and I recently drove it in both moderate rain and several inches of snow. The tires are terrible. I was hydroplaning worse than any vehicle I've ever had and had to crawl along in the smallest amount of snow. This was in both the variable and full time all wheel drive settings. After reading the many reviews posted about the Goodyear tires that came on the car, I'm very disappointed that Nissan would choose these for this vehicle. I live in Ohio so I experience all types of weather conditions and I feel these tires are unsafe with this amount of wear on them.

It's sporty, fun to drive, and quick. I really like the exterior design. I like having the choice of settings for both the turbo and the road and weather conditions; ie. all wheel , variable or front heel drive. It has great acceleration even when you use just the Normal setting on the turbo. I like the fold down seats as I often have larger items to transport for my job.

As I was reading through other reviews, I agree with several of the suggestions. An arm rest would be great, a little better lighting in the rear would really help and I would choose automatic headlights and a compass to add. I ordered my Juke with the gray interior and was expecting more gray- I hate black carpet. It shows everything. I am 5'3" tall and have a hard time with the drivers side blind spot-it's very hard to see if someone's back there with the pillar and mirror design. My gas mileage is averaging 24 to 27 mpg. I did get close to 30 on a trip where I didn't run the air and drove 70ish for 250 miles or so with the turbo on ECO and the variable all wheel drive turned off.

2 yr/35,000 mile update
By zoolander1

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After driving this car for 2 years I thought it'd be fair to update my ownership experience. I still like the car, I don't think I love it anymore. It's a fun car, but that's it. When you want to have fun, it delivers, when you want to just drive, it lacks a bit. I went to the dealership for a "check engine" light and they replaced my engine. The A/C makes a split second grinding noise the dealer can't figure out/reproduce. The trust factor is gone, I don't think I want to keep this car past manufaturer's warranty. I can't get over 27 hwy mpg. I've tried it many ways, on many roads, on the AZ flat desert and can't. It's got a lifetime MPG of 25.8

The turbo engine/6 Speed MT! What a combo! the all-disc brakes. It's definitely a driver's car. The seats' fabric, and the overall layout of the interior.

MPG: either claim less or tune it more conservatively. Turbo engines seem to be a little thirsty. It's a small engine that is usually revying high in order to deliver. I wonder if Nissan can get this right. Audi does it much better with its 2.0 AWD A4, a heavier more complex car. I don't complain about interior materials, it is what it is for the segment, average I'd say. Cartoonish I-con display, shinny materials all over, but hey, it's a $20k car. Do I regret buying it? NO Will I keep it much longer? NO

Juke a car with personality!
By arckenben

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned a Juke since July 23, 2011 and I have loved every minute of it. It looks like no other. It looks alive, active, like it could pounce on smaller prey! To drive it is to smile. Has tons of torque and feels lightning quick. Grips the road like mad…I have DRIVEN this car my friends! It is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever owned. When you grab it by the short hairs and put your foot into it there is a bit of front wheel torque steer, however the traction control will keep you in line…unless you turn it off and know what you are doing. It is a very exciting fun ride. Gets a lot of attention at the pump and parking lots. Inside the car has 3 driving modes, eco, normal and sport. Each provides a bit of a different feel. From Eco setting compared to Sport is like Jekyll and Hyde! I drive the wheels off my Juke and still get 25.9 MPG in city. Don’t buy a Juke for the gas mileage, which is not bad considering your driving a Turbo with 0-60 in about 7 sec (with my lead foot and a stick shift). Buy a Juke if you love to drive. It is an exciting yet affordable car that has a personality you can love. The Juke guarantees to put a smile on your face when you drive it. Which is what I am going to do now.

Fun Little Frog
By justin2point1

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I love this thing!! Not a day goes by that I don't smile every time I get in. To all those who have poor MPG, maybe it's the manual v CVT, but I drive mine like a like the crazy 25 year old I am, and I average 27 to 29 MPG, although I have always put supreme gas in it. The only down side is the back seat is small. I almost always keep the seats down, and it makes some people car sick to sit in the back. The standard features are awesome, I'm a little spoiled on the leather wrapped steering wheel and the iPod controls on the wheel. A little bit more storage places would be nice, but overall, for what I paid for, I feel like I got the way better end of the deal.

• SUV