Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Defective Timing Chain
By candu238

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Forget the concept of Japanese quality if you purchase a Juke; because it doesn't apply.

No JUKE, just a pathetic JOKE
By msbeanz

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had my 2011 Juke for 2yrs now and at first I loved the look, the handling, the size and fact that it can fit into the smallest parking spots! But 2 yrs later I am so done with it and have a baby on the way so its already to small just for 2 adults and our lab in the back. I sit thru 45 min of traffic going home every single day and the shifting in stop and go traffic is horrible! It really struggles in traffic! The hatchback is a joke if you want to fit anything more than a few grocery bags or if put one or both back seats down that's really the only time you can fit something of size into it. Again, with a baby on the way I will no longer be able to fold both seats down for storage!

Love the look, mainly one of the reasons I got it, very un- cookie cutter. Be prepared to get stares absolutely every where you go though!

Everything.....is that asking too much? Oh and the paint job is another joke, chips at the slightest touch of anything but your finger! Arm rests, middle console, a console on the dash possibly like other Nissans??? better gas mileage, better shifting, not requiring premium gas just about the whole dang car needs improvement. And that's being said after being one of the luckier ones who have only had 2 recalled parts and no major malfunctions like the first models that came out! those poor people. Cabin size needs to be bigger unless you are a barbie or liliputan...

JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!

recall the damm thing. its a peice of junk!

A Little Dissapointed...
By bparks89834

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I traded in my 2009 MINI S hardtop for a 2011 Juke SV. Main motivation: my daily commute includes 15 miles of gravel road and frequent snowy winter conditions. The Cooper had issues--it rattled on the gravel, and never liked snow over 2" deep. It had virtues--consistently 36 mpg, and a blast to drive. The Juke sounded great--greater ground clearance, AWD, turbo-charged with HP to match the S, and an MPG rated at 25 city, 30 hwy. If only... Currently, I'm getting 24.2 mpg on mostly highways, driving like a pansy in ECO, staying in 2 wheel drive the vast majority of the time, and holding my mouth right. Nissan: how did you get this wrong?

A very solid car. Great features. Utterly a bargain compared to a comparable MINI Cooper--i.e. the Countryman. Love the 4 doors, the cargo space, the ride, the acceleration, the maneuverability. Very distinctive styling, I've always got to smile when I meet it after work in the parking lot. It's a beautiful piece of machinery. Still, Nissan, how did you screw up so badly on fuel economy? And why did you throw an 11 gallon fuel tank into this poor car to add insult to injury? Out here in Nevada, I actually have to alter my long haul routes just to accommodate the fuel needs of this ridiculous beast.

Fuel economy and driving range! Make this a true 30 mpg vehicle with at least a 400 mile range. Subaru has managed it with the Outback. Why can't Nissan?

Engine problems
By 4battles

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor.

I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.