2011 Nissan Juke Timing Chain issue
By caprisun on
2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I have a 2011 Nissan Juke 37k miles. I heard a ticking noise coming from the engine so took it to the dealership this morning. I called them back this afternoon to find out the diagnosis. All they said was there is a noise coming from the motor, so we need all your maintenance records before we will touch it. First of all I dropped it off and was told they would diagnose the problem and call me. 7 hours later I called them only to be told that if I wanted them to break down the motor then I would owe them a huge bill. I asked the technician what was wrong with the juke. He says sounds like timing chain and they are not wanting to fix the problem. Any suggestions out there???????
By srios46
on 04/07/14 13:11 PM (PDT)

Good luck. MY 2011 Juke just died on me this morning. I immediately pulled over and now the dealership is saying the timing chain broke and now the entire engine is ruined. This after only 66k miles with regular oil changes, checks, etc. No lights ever came on. We're now stuck with a $9100 bill (for a new engine) and this is exactly how much we owe on this lemon of a car. I will never, ever buy another Juke again.

By kimberk
on 04/09/14 05:13 AM (PDT)

My 2011 juke purchased October 2010, is in shop with timing chain issue too. Even though it's still under warranty, they say they may deny coverage for it because I do not have a genuine nissan oil filter on the car. Walmart has serviced it since I bought and nowhere in the manual does it say it HAS to be a genuine nissan filter or void the warranty. I'm pissed over this. The juke is my EIGHTH. Nissan owned and the four home I've bought brand new. At 54,000 miles, this is bull crap. I am hoping this will be covered since I owe 10,000 on it still. What sickness this has brought on me.

By carwaaaa
on 04/16/14 14:19 PM (PDT)

It sounds like you all are just dealing with awful dealerships. I took my Juke in for an oil change and detail on Monday, and asked them to check it out because the engine just sounded crappy, and they said they are starting to see timing chain issues with the Jukes hitting around 40k. They called me back later, told me to keep my rental, and that luckily they could get a timing chain from another local dealership (otherwise they are on backorder). Today is Wed, I just picked my car up, and I ended up not even having to pay for my oil change because it had to be done with the service anyway. I've been driving Nissan's for the last 15 years, and the occasional VW, and i've never had a dealership try to nit-pick me on things like that. Sorry to hear of your troubles. We must just be lucky here in Pittsburgh.

By lms18
on 04/24/14 12:24 PM (PDT)

Wow! Same thing just happened to me! But my 2011 Juke only has 28,000 miles on it! I'm sorry, but there is NO reason a car from 2011 with such low mileage should need a NEW engine. I have receipts of 3 oil changes (getting 4th one this month w/ my inspection) but they are trying to tell me that's not enough and it was bad oil and it's not going to be covered under my warranty! They want me to pay $8,800 plus $250 for new engine and diagnostics test. My car was making the same noise everyone is describing and then it stalled on me. No warning lights, no nothing! I had it towed to dealership and now I'm dealing with this BS! I'm so beside myself right now! :(

By zoolander1
on 04/26/14 12:04 PM (PDT)

I wrote a comprehensive review about my '11 Juke. I stated that my engine was replaced under warranty at 31k miles for "a bad cylinder". Nissan paid for it and we moved on from our Juke and sold it. Trust factor in Nissan is nearly gone. Another disappointment is MPG as most owners. Cool, fun car to drive but MPG and unreasonable engine issues are a huge turn off for me.

By tanique
on 05/06/14 14:19 PM (PDT)

As of May 2014, Nissan dealerships are issuing a voluntary service campaign to replace timing belts for many 2011-2013 Nissan Jukes. I just went in for an oil change on my 2012 Juke at 30k miles, haven't had any issues, but they immediately flagged my vehicle for the replacement service. From what I've read online, if the belt has already broken and caused collateral damage to the engine, there could be a lot of headache with Nissan to get it fixed on their dime. However, if you haven't encountered issues with your Juke yet, or if you're only starting to hear clicking, take it to your dealership NOW to take advantage of the voluntary service before it becomes a bigger mess to fix!

By sarahlynchesq
on 06/19/14 10:04 AM (PDT)

I had my timing chain completely break destroying my engine last month. I did some investigation and found out about the voluntary service campaign. When I questioned the dealership, they claimed it couldn't be covered and would instead have to be covered by my extended warranty. I called Nissan corporate and they stepped in and are covering my rentals, tows and all work that was done at the Nissan dealership. The only things they're refusing to cover are the costs of the diagnostic testing that was done at the dealership where I bought my car because it wasn't a Nissan dealership. My advice is to raise hell with corporate if a dealership is jerking you around. They should take care of all or most of the bills.