2011 Juke - First Impressions
By uwe2 on
2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
I got my Juke last weekend - it's my 3rd car, and supposed to be my "practical" vehicle - able to transport more than a briefcase, be pretty good at the gas mileage department, has a relatively cheap price, and handle reasonably well in bad weather, especially snow (the 2 other cars are a 2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S, and a 2009 Mustang Bullit - you can probably see my point). I picked the Juke as it offers a lot of bang for the buck (mine was listed for $24,100). It is naturally lacking some refinements e.g. interior material (lots of plastic), engine power. However, given what I was shooting for, this car definitely meets all requirements. Very unique class of car.
Favorite Features
Keyless entry, keyless engine starter, automatic 4x4, light weight for a 4x4, nimble dimensions (fits nicely in the driveway behind the Mustang) yet sufficient storage space in the back especially with the rear seats tilted back, MP3 player, navigation w/ live traffic information, price, gas mileage, sun roof
Suggested Improvements
Speakers could be of better quality (good subwoofer, but the rest lacks a bit in quality). Nothing else so far.
By pavlova
on 03/01/11 12:29 PM (PST)

Lacking engine power...your kidding,right? This thing takes off like a bat out of hell.

By pavlova
on 10/20/11 19:27 PM (PDT)

I have accelerated from 50 to 65 when passing a slow truck and my vehicle has performed great. No problem whatsoever.

By uwe2
on 03/24/11 07:47 AM (PDT)

No, I'm not. Try to accelerate from 50 to 65, like passing a slow truck, and you will see what I mean. Not bad, and again, this is a $20K+ car, but another 50 HP or so would have helped.