Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Good Bionic frog 2011
By noshoesinhouse

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

bought mine new in 4/2011 and truth is i thank god haven't had any problems. I'm sorry to hear about the people who are having problems with the chain. i just got called last week from the dealer to take it in to have the chain replace which after reading the reviews i will do ASAP. i do however hate that it goes thru gas like crazy i'm looking into buying a more gas efficient car but to be honest there is nothing out there that i like or that would make me trade my Bionic frog.

Love the CVT transmission don't feel the jolt, love the way it handles on the frwy (when i'm able to actually go frwy speeds i live in L.A so i'm always in traffic) it's a pretty fast car and the pickup is great especially if i'm driving it in manual mode. I love that the car sits up high like an SUV from which i can get in & out without any problem.

i don't know about the newer models but the 2011 the interior (room) is terrible the only comfortable person in the car is the driver i can't fit anyone in the back sit there is no room, there is no arm room (when driving rest your arm on) no storage compared to the Versa (2008 which is what i had before) and of course don't forget it's not a good gas efficient car it's like i'm driving a V8 well i guess power requires gas. and still can't find anything i like out there.

3 Years Juke
By jukedriver

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Got my Juke in January 2011. I must say, it got my where ever I needed to go, didn't break down, and it has ample space for what I need to transport (e.g. 8 cases of beer ;-)

MP3 stereo - I use a 64 Gig memory stick that holds more than 1,000 songs. Decent speakers. Reliable. Excellent re-sale value. Navigation, satellite radio, real-time traffic info. Tinted rear windows. Sun roof.

More realistic MPG sticker and/or gear configuration change so that I don't have to stay below 50 Mph downhills with the wind pushing to get advertised MPG. Bigger gas tank. An engine that doesn't need an oil change every 3,000 miles and 93 octane gas. Replace factory tires with a brand that doesn't wear off that quickly. Make it look less like an Easter egg.

2011 Nissan Juke Timing Chain issue
By caprisun

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Nissan Juke 37k miles. I heard a ticking noise coming from the engine so took it to the dealership this morning. I called them back this afternoon to find out the diagnosis. All they said was there is a noise coming from the motor, so we need all your maintenance records before we will touch it. First of all I dropped it off and was told they would diagnose the problem and call me. 7 hours later I called them only to be told that if I wanted them to break down the motor then I would owe them a huge bill. I asked the technician what was wrong with the juke. He says sounds like timing chain and they are not wanting to fix the problem. Any suggestions out there???????

So Far So Good
By afellows

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have loved every minute behind the wheel of my Juke unless the driver in front of me is driving ten under the speed limit. I have never had a problem with the car, though I'm still under the 40k mile mark. I've put in some long trips with it and have managed about 34mpg on those trips. I average 23-25 mpg in the city. The AWD has gotten me out of some slippery situations. I enjoy the stiffer suspention and the cornering. Overall, probably my favorite of the cars I've owned.

Excellent AWD paired with CVT, options depending on driving mood, Great Handling, Ground Clearance

Factory Modifications (NISMO parts for the non-NISMO models),

Okay, but I'll never own another one
By cobraboy1

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car to get me something with good gas mileage that was different with all wheel drive and standard bluetooth. And a sub compact size with a good fun-to-drive ratio. And it had to have a sticker of under 22k Overall its an okay vehicle, but I've been talking to people (nissan techs - to remain nameless) who've all said to trade it in after the warranty is up. That is enough for me to say I won't own another one again, but overall its not terrible. The major complaints are three: 1. MPG is not what was promised 2. Gas tank is only about 11 gallons 3. Although you don't have to run 93 octane your really should to get the best mpg's

Acceleration, Handling, passenger space, comfort. So what does this vehicle do right? 1. It is a ton of fun to drive. 2. It has a decent amount of space for the subcompact size (remember its built on a versa) 3. The stock stereo is pretty good. 4. It has a nice commanding view of the road 5. It makes my wife feel safe and our kids like the different looks.

First of all, forget even coming close to the EPA gas mpg figures. Its not anywhere near. After doing several road trips and much city driving with 87 and 93 gas I can tell you this: Driving like a grandma on 87 = roughly 21.5mpg city; 24.5 highway On 93 = roughly 22mpg city; 26mpg highway This is so far below EPA that I called Nissan. the response I got was mostly "drive slower" I have one of those driving monitors that plug into your OBDII I'm already getting the max 40% off of my bill. I can't drive the thing any slower. For max mileage, try to never let the tach rev beyond 3000rpm unless you absolutely have to.

• SUV