Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:
Know what you are buying.
By tomcat20 on 07/11/13 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car for my wife. She hates car buying and leaves that decision to me. Now, that doesn't get me off the hook; if I bought her a lemon, I'd surely pay. After reading all the various comments regarding space, lighting, arm rest and storage I wonder if those people actual sat or drove the car before buying it. Fuel economy is good...yes good but only if you drive in 2wd on ECO mode. But with just under 180hp, you're likely to want to go fast. Remember fast = more gas. I wasn't impressed with the interior and the dash is rather basic. The ride is tight and the CVT struggles. But that's it. The car is a joy to drive. Once you get use to the CVT, it can be a lot of fun.

timing belt broke at 64k and nissan wont honor
By cm57 on 06/20/13 07:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Nissan juke is an engineering flawed mess. Everybody is having the same issue we had. The timing belt snaps at a mile after the warranty ends. 60k. Then Nissan wants 7000 dollars for a new engine. It is happening to everyone all over the country. Do your research folks. We have already gotten a lawyer and are having to go a big legal mess to get Nissan to stand behind their flawed design and product.

Yup- LA traffic and I bought a manual!
By reviewer09 on 06/09/13 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent months researching cars- some of the reviews on the Juke were plain scary- poor gas mileage, hate the interior, not comfortable, etc. I've had 2 Pathfinders (with all the bells and whistles) and can't do the gas anymore. Have only the Juke for 2 weeks, but have put 1K miles already- too fun! Love the 6 speed, love the handling, love this car!! For all of the complainers, did you not see the styling? The (sparkly!) plastic on the inside (easier to clean- I have a boy!!)? Oh, and I also average 29.7 mpg. My "complaint"- wish the gas tank was a bit bigger! I put a 3 for reliability because, well, I haven't had it for 5+ years, so I don't know but I hope it's like my Pathfinders. Love it

Defective Timing Chain
By candu238 on 04/27/13 08:56 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Forget the concept of Japanese quality if you purchase a Juke; because it doesn't apply.

No JUKE, just a pathetic JOKE
By msbeanz on 04/09/13 10:14 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have had my 2011 Juke for 2yrs now and at first I loved the look, the handling, the size and fact that it can fit into the smallest parking spots! But 2 yrs later I am so done with it and have a baby on the way so its already to small just for 2 adults and our lab in the back. I sit thru 45 min of traffic going home every single day and the shifting in stop and go traffic is horrible! It really struggles in traffic! The hatchback is a joke if you want to fit anything more than a few grocery bags or if put one or both back seats down that's really the only time you can fit something of size into it. Again, with a baby on the way I will no longer be able to fold both seats down for storage!

JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21 on 03/21/13 17:04 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!

A Little Dissapointed...
By bparks89834 on 02/21/13 21:35 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I traded in my 2009 MINI S hardtop for a 2011 Juke SV. Main motivation: my daily commute includes 15 miles of gravel road and frequent snowy winter conditions. The Cooper had issues--it rattled on the gravel, and never liked snow over 2" deep. It had virtues--consistently 36 mpg, and a blast to drive. The Juke sounded great--greater ground clearance, AWD, turbo-charged with HP to match the S, and an MPG rated at 25 city, 30 hwy. If only... Currently, I'm getting 24.2 mpg on mostly highways, driving like a pansy in ECO, staying in 2 wheel drive the vast majority of the time, and holding my mouth right. Nissan: how did you get this wrong?

Engine problems
By 4battles on 01/21/13 05:22 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor. I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.

Love my 2011 Juke but not its Tires
By jukeownerohio on 01/01/13 19:01 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Overall , I love my 2011 Juke with its many features. It now has approximately 25,000 miles and I recently drove it in both moderate rain and several inches of snow. The tires are terrible. I was hydroplaning worse than any vehicle I've ever had and had to crawl along in the smallest amount of snow. This was in both the variable and full time all wheel drive settings. After reading the many reviews posted about the Goodyear tires that came on the car, I'm very disappointed that Nissan would choose these for this vehicle. I live in Ohio so I experience all types of weather conditions and I feel these tires are unsafe with this amount of wear on them.

2 yr/35,000 mile update
By zoolander1 on 12/09/12 07:45 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After driving this car for 2 years I thought it'd be fair to update my ownership experience. I still like the car, I don't think I love it anymore. It's a fun car, but that's it. When you want to have fun, it delivers, when you want to just drive, it lacks a bit. I went to the dealership for a "check engine" light and they replaced my engine. The A/C makes a split second grinding noise the dealer can't figure out/reproduce. The trust factor is gone, I don't think I want to keep this car past manufaturer's warranty. I can't get over 27 hwy mpg. I've tried it many ways, on many roads, on the AZ flat desert and can't. It's got a lifetime MPG of 25.8