Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Okay, but I'll never own another one
By cobraboy1

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car to get me something with good gas mileage that was different with all wheel drive and standard bluetooth. And a sub compact size with a good fun-to-drive ratio. And it had to have a sticker of under 22k Overall its an okay vehicle, but I've been talking to people (nissan techs - to remain nameless) who've all said to trade it in after the warranty is up. That is enough for me to say I won't own another one again, but overall its not terrible. The major complaints are three: 1. MPG is not what was promised 2. Gas tank is only about 11 gallons 3. Although you don't have to run 93 octane your really should to get the best mpg's

Favorite Features

Acceleration, Handling, passenger space, comfort. So what does this vehicle do right? 1. It is a ton of fun to drive. 2. It has a decent amount of space for the subcompact size (remember its built on a versa) 3. The stock stereo is pretty good. 4. It has a nice commanding view of the road 5. It makes my wife feel safe and our kids like the different looks.

Suggested Improvements

First of all, forget even coming close to the EPA gas mpg figures. Its not anywhere near. After doing several road trips and much city driving with 87 and 93 gas I can tell you this: Driving like a grandma on 87 = roughly 21.5mpg city; 24.5 highway On 93 = roughly 22mpg city; 26mpg highway This is so far below EPA that I called Nissan. the response I got was mostly "drive slower" I have one of those driving monitors that plug into your OBDII I'm already getting the max 40% off of my bill. I can't drive the thing any slower. For max mileage, try to never let the tach rev beyond 3000rpm unless you absolutely have to.

Engine Dies After 68,000 miles / 2 years & 3 months
By deadjuke2011

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great driving vehicle. Enjoyed our time together. That is until it died without any warning. Guess what - it was the timing chain. No warning and no sign of any problem. It broke and left me in the middle of the highway. I was able to coast to the next exit and wait for a tow to the nearest Nissan dealer. I had no idea what the problem was. I thought it was electrical. They confirmed it was not electrical and it was the engine. But it would take 5 hours to take it apart to diagnose the problem. That means I would have to pay them $500 to tell me the engine was dead and needed to be replaced. The timing chain appears to be very common. Nissan was not helpful. It was just outside the warranty.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to be asamed of themselves. They are selling a defective vehicle with serious design flaws. What will it take for them to man up and fix the problem? They need to stand behind this and fix the defective parts. They need to repay the poor soles who are forced to replace the engine.

Replacing engine at 40K
By tobyc

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought our 2011 Juke at 27k. At 40k, it developed a knock in the engine. Took it to dealer where it was purchased and was told the seals in the lower engine were gone and engine needed replaced. The worst part of the experience was the inference by the service advisor that the problem was caused by not replacing the oil regularly, which is completely untrue. I felt he was trying to cast blame for an issue other may also be experiencing. Looks like this car will be gone before the warranty is up on the engine in a few years. Second thought here about Nissan???

Favorite Features

AWD Peppy turbo Stable cornering

Suggested Improvements

more headroomin the back seat a larger 4 cyl. non-turbo option

end of ownership review
By zoolander1

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an update to an old review. I sold my juke after 2.5 yrs and 42k miles. I think the car is priced right for what it is. MPG is nowhere close to estimated; I observed 25.1 average with 90% highway driving. I had the engine replaced for free for a defective cylinder at 31k mi and I learned to live with a grinding noise coming from the AC that the dealership never figured out.

Favorite Features

The powertrain: this car is fun to drive. Nissan should throw this engine/transmission on a Sentra.

Suggested Improvements

Interior materials and cartoonish instrument panel. MPG! I WOULDN'T buy another juke and I would not recommend this car to others.

UNRELIABLE AT 48,100 MILES
By amrp

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I got my 2011 Juke last February 2011 and I was so proud of it until July 11, 2013 at 48,100 miles, it just broke down. I had it towed to a Nissan Service Center and they changed the "TUBE - ASMY INLET" plus a gasket valve in and a seal-o ring. I am not a mechanic so I don't know how this all work. Anyway, if you are a potential buyer, just be ready to start paying for maintenance at 48,100 miles. I am not sure what and when the next problem will come up now.