2 yr/35,000 mile update
By zoolander1 on
2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)
After driving this car for 2 years I thought it'd be fair to update my ownership experience. I still like the car, I don't think I love it anymore. It's a fun car, but that's it. When you want to have fun, it delivers, when you want to just drive, it lacks a bit. I went to the dealership for a "check engine" light and they replaced my engine. The A/C makes a split second grinding noise the dealer can't figure out/reproduce. The trust factor is gone, I don't think I want to keep this car past manufaturer's warranty. I can't get over 27 hwy mpg. I've tried it many ways, on many roads, on the AZ flat desert and can't. It's got a lifetime MPG of 25.8
Favorite Features
The turbo engine/6 Speed MT! What a combo! the all-disc brakes. It's definitely a driver's car. The seats' fabric, and the overall layout of the interior.
Suggested Improvements
MPG: either claim less or tune it more conservatively. Turbo engines seem to be a little thirsty. It's a small engine that is usually revying high in order to deliver. I wonder if Nissan can get this right. Audi does it much better with its 2.0 AWD A4, a heavier more complex car. I don't complain about interior materials, it is what it is for the segment, average I'd say. Cartoonish I-con display, shinny materials all over, but hey, it's a $20k car. Do I regret buying it? NO Will I keep it much longer? NO