Used 2011 Nissan Juke S Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

We bought this new
By Keith Kramis

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We bought this new, first year model and it has been a great an safe vehicle. I hate to admit it but other drivers look right past me as I driver down the road, as if I were invisible. Others have ran into me three times: right side, left side and rear end. All no fault but the point is that I was never injured because the vehicle is safe to drive. Very responsive. Too much road noise is my only real complaint. I current have 47,000 miles and going strong with on regular maintenance.

Penny Racer!!!
By richard miller

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have high expectations of the Juke. This is my third Nissan (2002 Maxima and 2009 370Z). I love my Nissan experience and have not been let down.

Design is easy, you either like it or you don't. I do and it played a role in my decision. Do wish HID was an option.

Interior is very familiar. Steering wheel layout is nearly identical to the Z and was easy to control from one vehicle to another. My cloth seats seem to be dirt magnets, so steer clear of black. Lack of an armrest and its storage feels odd. Items are either exposed or stuffed into the glove box. The non Rockford stereo is decent. Does lack USB support. Oddly has an iPod cable in a 2011 even though my Z got rid of it in 2010 or 2011. Do not like the fact it has Bluetooth call capability with no audio streaming. Auxiliary port only goes so far.

I'm tall-ish and fit fine in the front or back. To and from, I see no problem toting around 5 adults. A long road trip is a different story. Just too small of a vehicle to comfort my execute. For my usage, works great. The hatch storage space is ok and greatly increases when folding the rear seats. I appreciate the storage bin under the carpeting and floor panel, but is a wasted opportunity to add space just to keep the area level. You can easily store some items between the bin and spare tire.

Handling is pretty responsive. Leans towards under steer as expected. Suspension is pretty soft. Adds to body roll when cornering, but still holds its own. Definite difference between stock and NISMO. Ride height is that of a lifted car. Sits higher than normal, but way short of the towering view from an SUV.

Power is peppy. Turbo kicks in around 2500 and depends on your setting: normal, sport, or eco. Sport adds the better throttle response and quicker spooling while Eco kills most of the fun in the name of mpg. Take of lacks power for a reason, it has a tiny engine. It's perfect for training your lead foot to relax. I'm loving it at the pump as a result. With mostly city traffic and a bunch of starts and stops throughout the day, I'm pulling about 28mpg. Haven't had a long highway drive, but the short 20 mile bursts here and ther have little old Juke in the 30's.

So far no unforgiving flaws and the great purchase experience from Toyota if Ft. Worth have made ownership awesome. Mileage is not this car's strong suit and does very well for my needs.

"Worst new car of the year"
By marcpilot

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The timing chain broke at 60k miles. Nissan said they wouldn't honor the warranty that I paid extra for. They said that the timing chain was a design flaw but that since I started taking my car to another business for oil changes(even though I had records of EVERY SINGLE OIL CHANGE BEING ON TIME, on a computer from the other business that millions of people use to have their oil changed, Nissan still wouldn't honor the warranty because they said the oil may or may not have been a bad "batch" at that business! How absurd! They wont honor the warranty because the engine costs 9000 dollars to replace and they dont want to pay for it even though its their timing chain design flaw that broke.

The gas mileage is a lie! The mpg on the sticker is FALSE ADVERTISING. YOu dont get nowhere near the MPG they claim!! AND, IT REQUIRES PREMIUM GAS!!!!! Nobody tells you that. The way you find that out is when you go to pump your 1st tank of gas. Theres a little sticker inside the gas tank door that says PREMIUM GASOLINE ONLY! Any other type of gas will dishonor the cars warranty. So the favorite feature is, I guess, is learning how to scam people in case I ever own a dealership or a car building company. I now know several ways to wiggle out of responsibilities I should take care of. Thanks Nissan for showing me how to be deceitful. What a feature this car has. I had to sue to get a new engi

The only improvement I can think of is..... Be honest for a change. Put the real MPG on the sticker. Don't let us figure it out that it only gets 15-18 mpg after a few tank fulls. Honor your warranty if your parts are defective. I know you recalled cars because the timing chain was found to be defective after thousands of people had their engine blow up on them at red lights, driving to work, leaving your kids friends birthday party, but after the recall you are still trying to wiggle out of fixing EVERYBODY'S blown up engines due to their broken timing chains. Improve your way of doing business and building vehicles. I know of no one that will EVER buy a Nissan after what happened to their

JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!

recall the damm thing. its a peice of junk!

Engine problems
By 4battles

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor.

I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.