Used 2011 Nissan Juke SL Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

2 yr/35,000 mile update
By zoolander1

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

After driving this car for 2 years I thought it'd be fair to update my ownership experience. I still like the car, I don't think I love it anymore. It's a fun car, but that's it. When you want to have fun, it delivers, when you want to just drive, it lacks a bit. I went to the dealership for a "check engine" light and they replaced my engine. The A/C makes a split second grinding noise the dealer can't figure out/reproduce. The trust factor is gone, I don't think I want to keep this car past manufaturer's warranty. I can't get over 27 hwy mpg. I've tried it many ways, on many roads, on the AZ flat desert and can't. It's got a lifetime MPG of 25.8

Favorite Features

The turbo engine/6 Speed MT! What a combo! the all-disc brakes. It's definitely a driver's car. The seats' fabric, and the overall layout of the interior.

Suggested Improvements

MPG: either claim less or tune it more conservatively. Turbo engines seem to be a little thirsty. It's a small engine that is usually revying high in order to deliver. I wonder if Nissan can get this right. Audi does it much better with its 2.0 AWD A4, a heavier more complex car. I don't complain about interior materials, it is what it is for the segment, average I'd say. Cartoonish I-con display, shinny materials all over, but hey, it's a $20k car. Do I regret buying it? NO Will I keep it much longer? NO

Fun to Drive and Affordable
By welshy3575

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

The JUKE is let's say unique looking and I thought it was a joke of a car until I drove it. It brought a smile to my face. It is a very engaging car to drive, very spirited, and the seats are extremely comfortable, and definitely not found in cars at this price point. We now have just over 20,000 miles on our Juke and to date it has been very reliable. Inteior pluses are comforatbe seats, easy to read gauges, large rearview side mirrors. wish there was a center armrest, window and door lock switches should light up, and wish there was ambient lighting. Rear seat room should be increased a couple inches both in leg room and head room. ^th gear needs to be more fuel econmy minded.

Favorite Features

Engine & steering. Like the adjustable settings for steering and engine response. For $23390, it came fully loaded with leather seats, heated front seats, power mirrors, fully adjustable manual drivers seats (wish it was power), push button start, keyless entry with the new technologhy of just pushing a button on the door, auto climate control, aluminum wheels, moonroof, carpeted floor and trunk mat, & trip computer. I think for the money Nissan has built a fun to drive vehicle that has uniqueness and personality to it. Most vehicles in this price range are mundane and boring. The ride height make syou forget your in a small vehicle as does the way it absorbs road imperfections.

Suggested Improvements

Center Arm Rest, 3-4 inches more of rear legroom, and 2-3 inches more of rear headroom. Improve trunk capacity a bit, or just make the load floor lower without having to remove it manually. Add more sound deading materials, road noise for the class is decent, but for $20 more in materials it could be superb. This car is quite fun, don't mess up it's uniqueness and fun to drive characteristics.

Fun, fast and cool
By Mike

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I had been waiting for this a couple months, the design was what caught my eye and the turbo sold me. Once I took the test drive, it was a matter of Stick or Auto. Went with the White SL FWD Manual. But wouldn't fault those with auto. I love every aspect of this car from the ride height, sporty feels, design, and fun factor. The looks from other drivers is fun. caught a police officer rubber necking as I drove by him. People ask me with a smile what it is or if that is the Juke from Nissan.

Favorite Features

The little turbo is my favorite feature. It has good pick up and it allows you to zip in and out of traffic with ease. The sound system and navi are also excellent. The sub provided gives out great base and boom. The ability to switch modes from eco to sport to normal.

Suggested Improvements

The only gripe is the lack of an arm rest for the driver and I guess passenger too. To a lesser extent the gas mileage, but i suspect that may be caused by my foot and the turbo. But its fun.