Used 2011 Nissan Juke S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

"Worst new car of the year"
By marcpilot

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The timing chain broke at 60k miles. Nissan said they wouldn't honor the warranty that I paid extra for. They said that the timing chain was a design flaw but that since I started taking my car to another business for oil changes(even though I had records of EVERY SINGLE OIL CHANGE BEING ON TIME, on a computer from the other business that millions of people use to have their oil changed, Nissan still wouldn't honor the warranty because they said the oil may or may not have been a bad "batch" at that business! How absurd! They wont honor the warranty because the engine costs 9000 dollars to replace and they dont want to pay for it even though its their timing chain design flaw that broke.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is a lie! The mpg on the sticker is FALSE ADVERTISING. YOu dont get nowhere near the MPG they claim!! AND, IT REQUIRES PREMIUM GAS!!!!! Nobody tells you that. The way you find that out is when you go to pump your 1st tank of gas. Theres a little sticker inside the gas tank door that says PREMIUM GASOLINE ONLY! Any other type of gas will dishonor the cars warranty. So the favorite feature is, I guess, is learning how to scam people in case I ever own a dealership or a car building company. I now know several ways to wiggle out of responsibilities I should take care of. Thanks Nissan for showing me how to be deceitful. What a feature this car has. I had to sue to get a new engi

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is..... Be honest for a change. Put the real MPG on the sticker. Don't let us figure it out that it only gets 15-18 mpg after a few tank fulls. Honor your warranty if your parts are defective. I know you recalled cars because the timing chain was found to be defective after thousands of people had their engine blow up on them at red lights, driving to work, leaving your kids friends birthday party, but after the recall you are still trying to wiggle out of fixing EVERYBODY'S blown up engines due to their broken timing chains. Improve your way of doing business and building vehicles. I know of no one that will EVER buy a Nissan after what happened to their

Engine problems
By 4battles

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Juke and recently the timing chain broke causing engine damage to the point that the engine needs to be replaced. I have 75000 miles on it due to my job requiring travel. Nissan told me that it is a good car and can handle anything I throw at it. NIssan has agreed to pay for the engine and parts but want me to pay for labor. I am caught over a barrel on this one. The new engine is only covered for 12 months or 12000 miles. This is the first nissan I have ever owned and I promise it will be the last.

Does NOT give more than 27mpg
By 2011juke

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

This is a great compact car to drive but it is an expesive car to drive. Starting with : Takes Supreme GAS, although the dealers will tell you that it is optional. My driving is 90% hwy, always on the ECO setting, and i coast as much as i can to get the best milage that i can, which is 27mpg. I just took it in for the fuel recall now im getting 25mpg!!!!!!

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

MPG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUKE OUT OR GET JUKED!!!
By timbo21

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My mom bought a 2011 Juke. It has 55000 miles and major timing chain issues and they are telling her it needs a new motor. She still has the original tires and brakes on the car, so she doesn't drive it hard. They are telling her they are not going to honor her warranty. I am reading that alot of people are having these same issue. On top of that it never got even close to the gas milage they suggested. I would say if u own one running u better trade it in while its running and if u see one used don't buy it. ITS A [non-permissible content removed]!!!!

Suggested Improvements

recall the damm thing. its a peice of junk!

Juke makes you wanna puke
By wessica007

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The juke is sadly not an economical car. Advertising at 27-32 mpg, I am mortified to get a 19-23mpg average. Buy a truck people! The sound system is horrid, no armrest, a flashlight would be better than the interior lighting. No trunk space. Nissan also does not back up their product. They falsly advertise, then say its your problem. I used to have an infinity fx35 with bose and leather and gave it up for this economical car.....NOT>>>>buyer beware!

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

Dear nissan, is it possible you could tell the truth about a car for once. not blame poor gas milage on the ethanol in our fuel. Its 2012. get real.