2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:
2011 Nissan Juke Timing Chain issue
By caprisun on 03/13/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Nissan Juke 37k miles. I heard a ticking noise coming from the engine so took it to the dealership this morning. I called them back this afternoon to find out the diagnosis. All they said was there is a noise coming from the motor, so we need all your maintenance records before we will touch it. First of all I dropped it off and was told they would diagnose the problem and call me. 7 hours later I called them only to be told that if I wanted them to break down the motor then I would owe them a huge bill. I asked the technician what was wrong with the juke. He says sounds like timing chain and they are not wanting to fix the problem. Any suggestions out there???????

So Far So Good
By afellows on 02/11/14 13:57 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have loved every minute behind the wheel of my Juke unless the driver in front of me is driving ten under the speed limit. I have never had a problem with the car, though I'm still under the 40k mile mark. I've put in some long trips with it and have managed about 34mpg on those trips. I average 23-25 mpg in the city. The AWD has gotten me out of some slippery situations. I enjoy the stiffer suspention and the cornering. Overall, probably my favorite of the cars I've owned.

Okay, but I'll never own another one
By cobraboy1 on 01/03/14 10:29 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car to get me something with good gas mileage that was different with all wheel drive and standard bluetooth. And a sub compact size with a good fun-to-drive ratio. And it had to have a sticker of under 22k Overall its an okay vehicle, but I've been talking to people (nissan techs - to remain nameless) who've all said to trade it in after the warranty is up. That is enough for me to say I won't own another one again, but overall its not terrible. The major complaints are three: 1. MPG is not what was promised 2. Gas tank is only about 11 gallons 3. Although you don't have to run 93 octane your really should to get the best mpg's

Engine Dies After 68,000 miles / 2 years & 3 months
By deadjuke2011 on 10/17/13 07:19 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Great driving vehicle. Enjoyed our time together. That is until it died without any warning. Guess what - it was the timing chain. No warning and no sign of any problem. It broke and left me in the middle of the highway. I was able to coast to the next exit and wait for a tow to the nearest Nissan dealer. I had no idea what the problem was. I thought it was electrical. They confirmed it was not electrical and it was the engine. But it would take 5 hours to take it apart to diagnose the problem. That means I would have to pay them $500 to tell me the engine was dead and needed to be replaced. The timing chain appears to be very common. Nissan was not helpful. It was just outside the warranty.

Replacing engine at 40K
By tobyc on 09/15/13 16:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Bought our 2011 Juke at 27k. At 40k, it developed a knock in the engine. Took it to dealer where it was purchased and was told the seals in the lower engine were gone and engine needed replaced. The worst part of the experience was the inference by the service advisor that the problem was caused by not replacing the oil regularly, which is completely untrue. I felt he was trying to cast blame for an issue other may also be experiencing. Looks like this car will be gone before the warranty is up on the engine in a few years. Second thought here about Nissan???

end of ownership review
By zoolander1 on 08/18/13 09:46 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

This is an update to an old review. I sold my juke after 2.5 yrs and 42k miles. I think the car is priced right for what it is. MPG is nowhere close to estimated; I observed 25.1 average with 90% highway driving. I had the engine replaced for free for a defective cylinder at 31k mi and I learned to live with a grinding noise coming from the AC that the dealership never figured out.

UNRELIABLE AT 48,100 MILES
By amrp on 07/13/13 11:28 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I got my 2011 Juke last February 2011 and I was so proud of it until July 11, 2013 at 48,100 miles, it just broke down. I had it towed to a Nissan Service Center and they changed the "TUBE - ASMY INLET" plus a gasket valve in and a seal-o ring. I am not a mechanic so I don't know how this all work. Anyway, if you are a potential buyer, just be ready to start paying for maintenance at 48,100 miles. I am not sure what and when the next problem will come up now.

Know what you are buying.
By tomcat20 on 07/11/13 11:21 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought this car for my wife. She hates car buying and leaves that decision to me. Now, that doesn't get me off the hook; if I bought her a lemon, I'd surely pay. After reading all the various comments regarding space, lighting, arm rest and storage I wonder if those people actual sat or drove the car before buying it. Fuel economy is good...yes good but only if you drive in 2wd on ECO mode. But with just under 180hp, you're likely to want to go fast. Remember fast = more gas. I wasn't impressed with the interior and the dash is rather basic. The ride is tight and the CVT struggles. But that's it. The car is a joy to drive. Once you get use to the CVT, it can be a lot of fun.

timing belt broke at 64k and nissan wont honor
By cm57 on 06/20/13 07:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Nissan juke is an engineering flawed mess. Everybody is having the same issue we had. The timing belt snaps at a mile after the warranty ends. 60k. Then Nissan wants 7000 dollars for a new engine. It is happening to everyone all over the country. Do your research folks. We have already gotten a lawyer and are having to go a big legal mess to get Nissan to stand behind their flawed design and product.

Yup- LA traffic and I bought a manual!
By reviewer09 on 06/09/13 17:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I spent months researching cars- some of the reviews on the Juke were plain scary- poor gas mileage, hate the interior, not comfortable, etc. I've had 2 Pathfinders (with all the bells and whistles) and can't do the gas anymore. Have only the Juke for 2 weeks, but have put 1K miles already- too fun! Love the 6 speed, love the handling, love this car!! For all of the complainers, did you not see the styling? The (sparkly!) plastic on the inside (easier to clean- I have a boy!!)? Oh, and I also average 29.7 mpg. My "complaint"- wish the gas tank was a bit bigger! I put a 3 for reliability because, well, I haven't had it for 5+ years, so I don't know but I hope it's like my Pathfinders. Love it

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback in WA is:

$164 per month*