Used 2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

Blown Motor
By Jim O

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

My engine blew up at 29929 miles dealer gave me a new one covered under warranty ($9800). My son blew up "all" his mid-range speakers (4). Our system is a Fosgate gig (we upgraded our new midranges). Stereo shop said this in not a true "Fosgate" system in these cars.Dealer tried telling me the Head unit ($800) was blown, and that the head unit had "no" output. Stereo shop said "wrong" that the tweeters were on the same channel, and they were working. Stereo shop was surprised the woofer was not blown.
Had it serviced and the transmission started slipping a week later, although there was no fluid on my garage floor, where I park the Juke. Dealer told me it was a quart low on transmission fluid. Stereo shop told me, he has an Altima, and that the transmission fluid "evaporates" because the transmissions in these cars, get so hot "BEWARE".
A good friend of mine (a Ford and ASE "Master Mechanic") That owns a Transmission shop, said these transmissions are trouble, although my son said "all" the new transmissions were going to this "steel band? gig" that included Honda, Nissan, Toyota, etc.etc....
I am sure they have revised the transmissions, or we the consumer are in for a world of hurt.
But my biggest gripe is the "ROTTEN SUN VISOR" it is too small, and does not stay up.
I had mine replaced by the dealership and it is still [non-permissible content removed]...Every time I drive this car around sundown, I want to call the factory
and tell them to ROT, that is how much the sun visor sucks....way too small..WAY TOO SMALL !!!
I have never blown a motor in all my life (20+ cars and motorcycles)..this was a first.
My wife loves this car (of course because she is not dealing with the crap)
But the car does have zip (thats after owning a Lexus IS350) and is "nimble"
The drop down back seat is nice when I don't want to drive my truck (F350 PowerStroke)
to pick up a mid sized item, that is too big for my car.
Would I buy this car again...not sure...I beat it like it owes me money, but now that the warranty has expired
I am a little leary (just got an offer to extend the warranty) I have 63K miles on it (only 33K on the new motor)..lol lol
The stinking visor still has me mad.. Infinity Q50 maybe my next Nissan.

We bought this new
By Keith Kramis

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

We bought this new, first year model and it has been a great an safe vehicle. I hate to admit it but other drivers look right past me as I driver down the road, as if I were invisible. Others have ran into me three times: right side, left side and rear end. All no fault but the point is that I was never injured because the vehicle is safe to drive. Very responsive. Too much road noise is my only real complaint. I current have 47,000 miles and going strong with on regular maintenance.

Penny Racer!!!
By richard miller

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have high expectations of the Juke. This is my third Nissan (2002 Maxima and 2009 370Z). I love my Nissan experience and have not been let down.

Design is easy, you either like it or you don't. I do and it played a role in my decision. Do wish HID was an option.

Interior is very familiar. Steering wheel layout is nearly identical to the Z and was easy to control from one vehicle to another. My cloth seats seem to be dirt magnets, so steer clear of black. Lack of an armrest and its storage feels odd. Items are either exposed or stuffed into the glove box. The non Rockford stereo is decent. Does lack USB support. Oddly has an iPod cable in a 2011 even though my Z got rid of it in 2010 or 2011. Do not like the fact it has Bluetooth call capability with no audio streaming. Auxiliary port only goes so far.

I'm tall-ish and fit fine in the front or back. To and from, I see no problem toting around 5 adults. A long road trip is a different story. Just too small of a vehicle to comfort my execute. For my usage, works great. The hatch storage space is ok and greatly increases when folding the rear seats. I appreciate the storage bin under the carpeting and floor panel, but is a wasted opportunity to add space just to keep the area level. You can easily store some items between the bin and spare tire.

Handling is pretty responsive. Leans towards under steer as expected. Suspension is pretty soft. Adds to body roll when cornering, but still holds its own. Definite difference between stock and NISMO. Ride height is that of a lifted car. Sits higher than normal, but way short of the towering view from an SUV.

Power is peppy. Turbo kicks in around 2500 and depends on your setting: normal, sport, or eco. Sport adds the better throttle response and quicker spooling while Eco kills most of the fun in the name of mpg. Take of lacks power for a reason, it has a tiny engine. It's perfect for training your lead foot to relax. I'm loving it at the pump as a result. With mostly city traffic and a bunch of starts and stops throughout the day, I'm pulling about 28mpg. Haven't had a long highway drive, but the short 20 mile bursts here and ther have little old Juke in the 30's.

So far no unforgiving flaws and the great purchase experience from Toyota if Ft. Worth have made ownership awesome. Mileage is not this car's strong suit and does very well for my needs.

Love/Hate Relationship With This Car
By Lisa

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Brought the car for driving to work. Drive a lot of miles on a daily basis to get to work. I have had a number of issues with the car, such as the CVT transmission had an issue and the car was no longer under warranty. This was $2,400 to replace, the gas tank had an issue, to replace, it was $1,500. But, I still love the car as it is reliable and is cheap to do maintenance. It's a fun and cute car. Just had engine failure due to the timing issue with the engine. The deals hip did honor the recall and my Juke is back on the road. My car didn't have the timing issue until 187,000 miles. I expect to put some investment in the car maintenance due to the mileage that I will put on the car. Overall, this is a good car. My 187k miles is all highway miles andoverall runs excellent. I am considering to trade it in due to the mileage, and will likely get another Juke. I never cared about the space in the other seats since I am not sitting in them :). Hope you all go the distance as I have in my 2011 Juke!

Love/hate relationship
By L.A. Junkins

2011 Nissan Juke Hatchback SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I bought my 2011 Juke used almost 2 years ago. I had the timing chain replace through recall on it. I love the way it feels when driving it seems quite responsive. I do agree the back seat is too compact for comfortable long term travel, so if you have a growing family this isn't for you. I do wish there was more cargo space, but I'm used to driving full sized pick up trucks and this is my first foray into small cars. I live in the northeast and have noticed that the door locks are not always responsive, you can't open door after shutting car down because it won't automatically unlock as it should. Same with locking it from outside, doesn't always lock when it should. My husband has taken it to work during snowstorms (he drives 38 miles one way) and exclaimed that with studded tires my "bionic frog" would be a tank. He was surprisingly pleased with the awd and the way it stayed on the roads in bad weather, but had concerns for its winter performance on secondary roads. my average mpg is around 24 disappointing since I was told the mpg would be much higher, and that was a main reason I bought it. I do like the styling, but then again I've been told I have a quirky personality. Everyone that knows me thinks the styling is a perfect fit for me.. I have had the tailpipe come off and of course not warrantied..the upholstery is already fading and showing wear, when I really don't use it for more than going to/from work and errands. Don't take it on rough roads since the trim on the sides will come unbolted and is difficult to get back together, again it's supposedly a compact SUV so the roads I took it on should not have been an issue. I guess I feel I paid too much for what I have so will be trading it when I'm not so under water with the payments.