Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

modfied and loved
By robert schubert

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I am single middle aged male. Traded in a lifted zr2 chevy. Some of the reviews I see .Did people not Look inside to check rear seats and cargo room before buying it? My Juke is rather modified. Different intercooler piping ,cat delete exhaust, dualport bov .CAI.Has big brake kit. Strut braces bigger tires and wheels .I had the timing chain replaced on recall. I Also have an uprev tune .So I run 22lbs of boost instead of 12.275hp instead of 188. The dealer had no issue with any of that when replacing the timing chain. I find the gas tank small .But in this car there is no where to put a bigger one .I made an armrest for maybe $18.00.My car handles and stops great . Runs great is fast and II have the cvt. Gas mileage I don't care about anyway. I searched online for a month .Everything else that had all wheel drive and what the Juke has was 13 to 14 k more .I will say the goodyears were garbage

4 years ownership and still happy!
By Denise Sovine

2011 Nissan Juke SL 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

No surprises. I drive lots of highway miles, so wanted the most comfort and performance I could get, but stay in budget for purchase price, fuel, repairs. I've had it over 4 years. I had the timing chain issue around 45K. It was under warranty then, so no big deal. I pulled in the bay at the dealership, said "what's this ticking?" They gave me a rental while repairing. Happened again around 90K. They had done a recall by then and put on a the redesigned timing system. Going through tires fast, about 33k. Fuel efficiency less than expected, 27/24 prob. It will get 30 or so on hwy only if you stay around 50 mpg. Find a good dealership. One in Nashville, I find predatory. I tried another and get treated like I'm not a chump there.

"Worst new car of the year"
By marcpilot

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The timing chain broke at 60k miles. Nissan said they wouldn't honor the warranty that I paid extra for. They said that the timing chain was a design flaw but that since I started taking my car to another business for oil changes(even though I had records of EVERY SINGLE OIL CHANGE BEING ON TIME, on a computer from the other business that millions of people use to have their oil changed, Nissan still wouldn't honor the warranty because they said the oil may or may not have been a bad "batch" at that business! How absurd! They wont honor the warranty because the engine costs 9000 dollars to replace and they dont want to pay for it even though its their timing chain design flaw that broke.

The gas mileage is a lie! The mpg on the sticker is FALSE ADVERTISING. YOu dont get nowhere near the MPG they claim!! AND, IT REQUIRES PREMIUM GAS!!!!! Nobody tells you that. The way you find that out is when you go to pump your 1st tank of gas. Theres a little sticker inside the gas tank door that says PREMIUM GASOLINE ONLY! Any other type of gas will dishonor the cars warranty. So the favorite feature is, I guess, is learning how to scam people in case I ever own a dealership or a car building company. I now know several ways to wiggle out of responsibilities I should take care of. Thanks Nissan for showing me how to be deceitful. What a feature this car has. I had to sue to get a new engi

The only improvement I can think of is..... Be honest for a change. Put the real MPG on the sticker. Don't let us figure it out that it only gets 15-18 mpg after a few tank fulls. Honor your warranty if your parts are defective. I know you recalled cars because the timing chain was found to be defective after thousands of people had their engine blow up on them at red lights, driving to work, leaving your kids friends birthday party, but after the recall you are still trying to wiggle out of fixing EVERYBODY'S blown up engines due to their broken timing chains. Improve your way of doing business and building vehicles. I know of no one that will EVER buy a Nissan after what happened to their

Good Bionic frog 2011
By noshoesinhouse

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

bought mine new in 4/2011 and truth is i thank god haven't had any problems. I'm sorry to hear about the people who are having problems with the chain. i just got called last week from the dealer to take it in to have the chain replace which after reading the reviews i will do ASAP. i do however hate that it goes thru gas like crazy i'm looking into buying a more gas efficient car but to be honest there is nothing out there that i like or that would make me trade my Bionic frog.

Love the CVT transmission don't feel the jolt, love the way it handles on the frwy (when i'm able to actually go frwy speeds i live in L.A so i'm always in traffic) it's a pretty fast car and the pickup is great especially if i'm driving it in manual mode. I love that the car sits up high like an SUV from which i can get in & out without any problem.

i don't know about the newer models but the 2011 the interior (room) is terrible the only comfortable person in the car is the driver i can't fit anyone in the back sit there is no room, there is no arm room (when driving rest your arm on) no storage compared to the Versa (2008 which is what i had before) and of course don't forget it's not a good gas efficient car it's like i'm driving a V8 well i guess power requires gas. and still can't find anything i like out there.

3 Years Juke
By jukedriver

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Got my Juke in January 2011. I must say, it got my where ever I needed to go, didn't break down, and it has ample space for what I need to transport (e.g. 8 cases of beer ;-)

MP3 stereo - I use a 64 Gig memory stick that holds more than 1,000 songs. Decent speakers. Reliable. Excellent re-sale value. Navigation, satellite radio, real-time traffic info. Tinted rear windows. Sun roof.

More realistic MPG sticker and/or gear configuration change so that I don't have to stay below 50 Mph downhills with the wind pushing to get advertised MPG. Bigger gas tank. An engine that doesn't need an oil change every 3,000 miles and 93 octane gas. Replace factory tires with a brand that doesn't wear off that quickly. Make it look less like an Easter egg.