Used 2011 Nissan Juke Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Juke - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Juke model:

"Worst new car of the year"
By marcpilot

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

The timing chain broke at 60k miles. Nissan said they wouldn't honor the warranty that I paid extra for. They said that the timing chain was a design flaw but that since I started taking my car to another business for oil changes(even though I had records of EVERY SINGLE OIL CHANGE BEING ON TIME, on a computer from the other business that millions of people use to have their oil changed, Nissan still wouldn't honor the warranty because they said the oil may or may not have been a bad "batch" at that business! How absurd! They wont honor the warranty because the engine costs 9000 dollars to replace and they dont want to pay for it even though its their timing chain design flaw that broke.

Favorite Features

The gas mileage is a lie! The mpg on the sticker is FALSE ADVERTISING. YOu dont get nowhere near the MPG they claim!! AND, IT REQUIRES PREMIUM GAS!!!!! Nobody tells you that. The way you find that out is when you go to pump your 1st tank of gas. Theres a little sticker inside the gas tank door that says PREMIUM GASOLINE ONLY! Any other type of gas will dishonor the cars warranty. So the favorite feature is, I guess, is learning how to scam people in case I ever own a dealership or a car building company. I now know several ways to wiggle out of responsibilities I should take care of. Thanks Nissan for showing me how to be deceitful. What a feature this car has. I had to sue to get a new engi

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I can think of is..... Be honest for a change. Put the real MPG on the sticker. Don't let us figure it out that it only gets 15-18 mpg after a few tank fulls. Honor your warranty if your parts are defective. I know you recalled cars because the timing chain was found to be defective after thousands of people had their engine blow up on them at red lights, driving to work, leaving your kids friends birthday party, but after the recall you are still trying to wiggle out of fixing EVERYBODY'S blown up engines due to their broken timing chains. Improve your way of doing business and building vehicles. I know of no one that will EVER buy a Nissan after what happened to their

Good Bionic frog 2011
By noshoesinhouse

2011 Nissan Juke S 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

bought mine new in 4/2011 and truth is i thank god haven't had any problems. I'm sorry to hear about the people who are having problems with the chain. i just got called last week from the dealer to take it in to have the chain replace which after reading the reviews i will do ASAP. i do however hate that it goes thru gas like crazy i'm looking into buying a more gas efficient car but to be honest there is nothing out there that i like or that would make me trade my Bionic frog.

Favorite Features

Love the CVT transmission don't feel the jolt, love the way it handles on the frwy (when i'm able to actually go frwy speeds i live in L.A so i'm always in traffic) it's a pretty fast car and the pickup is great especially if i'm driving it in manual mode. I love that the car sits up high like an SUV from which i can get in & out without any problem.

Suggested Improvements

i don't know about the newer models but the 2011 the interior (room) is terrible the only comfortable person in the car is the driver i can't fit anyone in the back sit there is no room, there is no arm room (when driving rest your arm on) no storage compared to the Versa (2008 which is what i had before) and of course don't forget it's not a good gas efficient car it's like i'm driving a V8 well i guess power requires gas. and still can't find anything i like out there.

3 Years Juke
By jukedriver

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

Got my Juke in January 2011. I must say, it got my where ever I needed to go, didn't break down, and it has ample space for what I need to transport (e.g. 8 cases of beer ;-)

Favorite Features

MP3 stereo - I use a 64 Gig memory stick that holds more than 1,000 songs. Decent speakers. Reliable. Excellent re-sale value. Navigation, satellite radio, real-time traffic info. Tinted rear windows. Sun roof.

Suggested Improvements

More realistic MPG sticker and/or gear configuration change so that I don't have to stay below 50 Mph downhills with the wind pushing to get advertised MPG. Bigger gas tank. An engine that doesn't need an oil change every 3,000 miles and 93 octane gas. Replace factory tires with a brand that doesn't wear off that quickly. Make it look less like an Easter egg.

2011 Nissan Juke Timing Chain issue
By caprisun

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have a 2011 Nissan Juke 37k miles. I heard a ticking noise coming from the engine so took it to the dealership this morning. I called them back this afternoon to find out the diagnosis. All they said was there is a noise coming from the motor, so we need all your maintenance records before we will touch it. First of all I dropped it off and was told they would diagnose the problem and call me. 7 hours later I called them only to be told that if I wanted them to break down the motor then I would owe them a huge bill. I asked the technician what was wrong with the juke. He says sounds like timing chain and they are not wanting to fix the problem. Any suggestions out there???????

So Far So Good
By afellows

2011 Nissan Juke SV 4dr Hatchback AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo CVT)

I have loved every minute behind the wheel of my Juke unless the driver in front of me is driving ten under the speed limit. I have never had a problem with the car, though I'm still under the 40k mile mark. I've put in some long trips with it and have managed about 34mpg on those trips. I average 23-25 mpg in the city. The AWD has gotten me out of some slippery situations. I enjoy the stiffer suspention and the cornering. Overall, probably my favorite of the cars I've owned.

Favorite Features

Excellent AWD paired with CVT, options depending on driving mood, Great Handling, Ground Clearance

Suggested Improvements

Factory Modifications (NISMO parts for the non-NISMO models),