2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:

Never thought that I fell in love with this car
By francesco3

2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

So I had everything From Lotus to Porsche M cars Audis I wanted to spend and I 80s low 90s I was considering to buy used. Ferrari f430 or lambo or brand-new zo6 i'm sorry on the zo6 all you buying is the engine All I can remember by looking at that car is Scooby Doo So let's set everything on the side and talk about the GTR What can I say it's everything you wanted from the car the minute you step on the gas It's quick it's fast handles excellent And it draws a lot of attention I was surprised I thought my Lotus Esprit Draws lot attention this car your celebrity whatever you go this car has a lot of respect more than you think this is it Love it !!!!

They should've put better carpet The seats The top part it's too small I am not a big guy I can imagine a big guy in this car will be very very uncomfortable Drove the car from New Jersey and it was not a comfortable car I know it wasn't designed for that should've made the top part of the seat little wide everything else is fine

Don't put Nissan badge Almost all Gtr they removed them including myself I only had it for two weeks they should also offer Carbon fiber breaks

What can I say, but Wow!
By hfzeus

2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

This is by a wide margin the best car I have ever had (or even been in). As an engineer, I am amazed at this car and what it can do. First, the downsides (which are far surpassed by it's positive qualities. It does not like to go slow (neither do I). At speeds under 30 or so, the transmission makes strange noises and the steering is a little rough. The suspension, even in comfort mode, would not allow you to to surgery in the back seat. And if you ever can temporarily give up driving this car, you better watch out for curbs. The ground clearance would make a mouse do the limbo. But that is not what this car was engineered for. It is an absolute thrill to drive.

Unreal speed, crazy handling, great instrumentation, and impeccable build quality.

Adjustable ground clearance, memory seats, pass-through in truck for things like skis.

Incredible car!!
By jhanover

2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

So I've been wanting to buy a GTR since I first drove one back in Gran Turismo on the PS1 when I was just a teen. Lucky me, Godzilla came to the U.S. in 2008 and they thankfully haven't changed it that much over the years! So I finally got my chance to buy my brand new GTR about a week ago. It's my dream car! It is incredible, it's got incredible power, prowress and comfort. Don't be frightened by auto journalists weenies. This thing rides like a pussy cat on the prowl. Not jarring or rough. If you want a Japanese supercar, this is it.

Everything!

Ninja Land Rocket
By rockit_syntist

2015 Nissan GT-R Coupe Black Edition 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I can't put into words just how good it feels to drive my new 2015 GT-R Black Edition. I've been a Nissan fan since 1977 when I got a new Datsun 280Z (still have it) that has never had a single problem. Much as I love that Z car, the GT-R is from another universe. From the moment you fire it up & hear that low growl as the systems status unfold on the various display screens, you know you are about to experience more driving pleasure on four wheels than the law allows. Then with the slightest tap on the pedal every rumor you heard & every Youtube video you watched becomes reality. I considered many other 'supercars', but none were as badass cool for the price as my Super Silver GT-R.

For 2015, along with the yearly performance improvements, the engineers at GT-R sought to improve the ride comfort. They did. Every aspect of vehicle status is available in the configurable displays. The Recaro seats fit like a glove & the leg room (I'm 6'-4") is perfect. Sound system is theater quality & has all the latest tech including bluetooth, wifi, nav, & voice recognition. Visibility is great both day & night, luxury & convenience are in line with high price, cabin is quiet, trunk volume is huge, & safety features are industry best. Handling is incredible & the acceleration is a jaw dropping, mind numbing, rush of endorphins every time you give the pedal slightly more than a tap!

I have had the car for only a couple of weeks so I am still completely mesmerized by it's awsomeness. At this point, there is not one single down check that I would give to the 2015 GT-R Black Edition, which is exactly what you should expect for a land rocket priced north of $116,000.