Godzilla invades USA!
By Road Rage on
2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)
Technology is amazing on this car - almost over the top, but when you add it all up, this car flat out delivers. Engine is phenomenal, with gobs of power and a flat torque curve. The two small IHI turbos spool up very quickly, so the car feels more like a V-8 than a juiced six. The DCT shifts smoothly in norm and comfort modes, and bangs swift and hard in race mode. Note I downrated the "fun to drive" category because this car is deadly serious, and one has to be very attentive to the power and the braking, both of which are amazing. My S2000 was more fun to drive, but I do not regret buying the GT-R one bit. It gets a lot of attention everywhere I go, and I like stealth, but I am happy.
Favorite Features
Minimal turbo lag, super attention to detail, especially leather dash and door bits. Braking is stunning - I have to run red lights in fear that no other car behind me can stop as quickly as I can. Build quality is very good. Underside of car is completely sealed to reduce drag, which at .27 is low.
Suggested Improvements
Styling is OK, far better than the giant cockroach "Z", but few of the lines could be called graceful. It is strictly form and function in the GT- R. I am a hands-on owner, and do not like the "hands-off" owner's manual. They seem to point all service to the dealer - I'll have to buy the $ tech man'l