Used 2009 Nissan GT-R Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Gt-r - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan GT-R

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:

Disappointed
By RevMatt

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Too heavy, too hyped and too limited. Nicely conceived, poorly executed. Drop 600-700 lbs, lower two inches, get rid of the fancy tranny and eliminate the "warranty voided if you use the launch control" and this car could be a world class sports car! The AWD needs some work to improve driver feedback. I sold my GT-R in favor of a Corvette Z06. Nissan developed some great ideas but missed the mark.

Favorite Features

Great performance for the money! Unique styling!

Suggested Improvements

Drop 600-700 lbs, drop the fancy tranny in favor of a manual 6-7 speed. Lower the car 2 inches. Improve driver feedback feel through the AWD.

Value+
By JMarcinkevich

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing compares to this vehicle. You cannot beat it for the dollars, almost nothing can beat it's performance, the fit and finish work very well at this price point, and it does not need to make a lot of noise to get the job done or attract attention. Looks certainly do attract attention, it is different, not for that purpose, but to again get the job done! It's the aero efficiency, the 2+2 ability, and real trunk space. The numbers are widely known, why would an informed, intelligent, and cost conscious consumer buy anything else?

Favorite Features

Everything it has!!!

Suggested Improvements

Back up camera, radar/proximity braking, for those moments of sheer bliss, (I.E.) when distracted by that lovely passenger in the other seat (or kids in the back)!!

Disorientingly Fast!
By Nate

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I only have 117 miles on the car so far, but what I can say is that it is really an experience. I purchase the car for a daily driver in Wisconsin. The ride is not that harsh, the gear box is a MANUAL for all intense purposes and the shifts feel like a good manual transmission would feel. There is a little too much road noise for my personal taste.

Favorite Features

Engine, BACK SEATS! (good enough for two car seats for the kids!), and price!

Suggested Improvements

Two different treatments on the premium level...a "track version" and a "street version." That way, you could keep both the daily drivers and the weekend track guys happy at the same time!

Great, but a little passionless
By Shawn

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

The GT-R is without doubt an amazing feat of engineering. That said, I'm not sure I love it. I've had an S2000 for four years, and like a previous reviewer I really think it is more fun to drive. Whereas the S2000 is a fun little partner in petty 'crime', the GT-R is more akin to a nuclear weapon. I know it's unbelievably powerful and fast, but I also get very little chance to use it on the street in a way that seems 'fun.' But that's a knock against any supercar. So, while I greatly respect the GT-R, I don't really lust after it, in part because it does not look good.

Favorite Features

Engine. Tranny in paddle/manual shift mode. Brakes. Awesome multi-parameter electronic instrumentation

Suggested Improvements

Automatic shifting mode should be smoother. Car is too heavy, and feels that way.

THE modern era supercar!
By Manraj S Dhillon

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I researched this car for over a year against BMW M3, Mercedes C63 AMG, Audi RS4, Corvette Z06 and I was coming from a WRX STi and I kid you not, this car does it all. I had heard that it had a hard ride and was noisy but it is not the case. It handles beautifully and turns immediately when you want it to.The power is indescribable and the sound of the car, in my opinion, is just right (V8s are overrated). The interior is quality crafted and it has all the modern tech you could need or want. Do not buy if you need usable rear seats. It does better MPG than my STi did and the sound system is great. You had also better get used to the attention you will receive because they are so rare. The BEST

Favorite Features

The shape, interior, fit and finish, performance, performance, performance!

Suggested Improvements

none.