2009 Nissan GT-R Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Nissan GT-R - Consumer Reviews

2009 Nissan GT-R 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:
Godzilla worth the wait
By Brian on 12/12/08 12:12 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

After ordering my car in January, it finally arrived in late October. It was everything I expected and then some. The build quality is excellent, and the comfort and interior design are actually quite good for a supercar built at this price. Bang for the buck can not be matched. The only thing I would change would be to tune the exhaust. It is nice at low RPM, but almost disappears at speed. I don't want anything obnoxious, just some suggestion as to what the car can do. Oh well, I guess that fits in with the stealthiness of the car in general.

Best in the market
By quen on 12/01/08 09:29 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Test drove every single car in 70-80k price range and this was the best. Great for long trips as well as everyday use.

GT-R will GeTcha!!
By GlennO on 11/10/08 10:42 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

The earlier reviews cover most of the salient points, so I will comment, with a perspective as a mechanic and former SCCA racer, and to correct a couple of errors in the other reviews. First, not only is there an outside temperature gauge, but one can set an auto or manual temp at which the dash display will warn you of icy conditions. My main gripe is that doing one's own service is a challenge on this car. The underside makes it hard to get at the mechanicals, and the owner's manual is useless for the DIY'er - it reads like a BMW manual. Parts will be very expensive, as every fluid is "special" and costly. But the car gets better the more miles I put on it, and it IS a super car, for sure!

Godzilla invades USA!
By Road Rage on 10/20/08 19:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Technology is amazing on this car - almost over the top, but when you add it all up, this car flat out delivers. Engine is phenomenal, with gobs of power and a flat torque curve. The two small IHI turbos spool up very quickly, so the car feels more like a V-8 than a juiced six. The DCT shifts smoothly in norm and comfort modes, and bangs swift and hard in race mode. Note I downrated the "fun to drive" category because this car is deadly serious, and one has to be very attentive to the power and the braking, both of which are amazing. My S2000 was more fun to drive, but I do not regret buying the GT-R one bit. It gets a lot of attention everywhere I go, and I like stealth, but I am happy.

Meets and Exceeds Expectations
By lvgtr on 09/29/08 23:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Just received my GTR. It's always a risk to purchase based on hype, rumours and reviews but not being able to test-drive. However, this car exceeded my expectations and is incredibly fun to drive. Of course the power is there and I expected it. What I didn't expect is the awesome double clutched auto-manual transmission. It shifts so quickly and precisely! Only problems so far are passenger door not aligned to close properly and some kind of problem with the bluetooth calling numbers without my knowledge (kind of embarrassing). Overall, a historic and great car. Engineering marvel.

Only the transmission
By tokyogtr on 08/15/08 00:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had the car for 5 months now with 11000 km. Transmission started to make severe mechanical noise, couldn't shift from 1st to 2nd. The dealer transplanted a new transmission... I still love the car, enjoy the acceleration and cornering. If not for the transmission, it's a reliable car on every aspect. When you can beat Porsche Turbo at about 1/3 the price, I couldn't complain.