Used 2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan Gt-r - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:

Awesome
By Tony Leparulo

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had a lot of fast cars but none as fun. This package beats all. The car on the track is sick. you can't find, it's limit. It is the car of the decade. No one give you the performance of this car for the price nothing corners like it. the only car that even comes close is the Lexus. There taking orders now for $375, Sold my Porsche Carrera.

Favorite Features

every thing. The g meters it is great to see your g force, and see on a display

Suggested Improvements

the over spill when filling tank, doesn't always happen looks like when you get too low it burbs fill up at the half way mark , no problem

this is the car
By g4real

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

As of this time, I put in 5,800 miles on this car & all I can say is it's worth every penny. Style of this car & the limited delivery from japan is a advantage for the consumer. a lot of head turning is going to happen once you owe this gtr. performance, can't complain. it has the power and speed that every man would want to have on a sports car. traded my sl55 amg for this & it was worth. only down side is rough & bouncy suspension. But other than that it's perfect. I wish they had a manual. Never used the launch control since it scares me already having this fast of a vehicle. took it to vegas & ran up to 160mph without a problem. i will give the gtr a 9/10 rating.

Favorite Features

navigation, speed, descent gas mileage on the freeway

Suggested Improvements

6 disc cd changer, manual transmission.

Phenomenal Rocket Ship with Amentities
By Simone

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

If anyone out there is considering a purchase of a Nissan GTR, do yourself a favor and buy it now. No other car has the performance, suspension, technology and safety out there for the money. I'm not into being followed by others wanting to take pics of the car but this car really has rock star status. I cant ever go to the gas station without someone coming up and wanting to gaze or gawk at the car. I've had it now for about six months &I have no gripes. This thing is just an absolute awesome experience to drive &it performs on the track (both 1/4 mile and autocross) beautifully. Simply put, the best car I've ever owned and I did test drive the M3, M5 AMG SL63 and Z06 before buying.

Favorite Features

Favorite feature is definitely stepping all the way down on the gas pedal on watching the car pull 1G and hitting 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would suggest is to put a back-up camera as standard equipment. I had an aftermarket cam installed by a stereo shop and it works perfectly but this should be standard issue.

Best car I've ever driven
By bigmclargehuge

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's the complete package. Performance, handling, and comfort. No car I have driven is a better combination. Interior is high quality and seats are comfortable. Comfort mode does help the harsh ride, though I like the solid stance in R-mode around corners. Shifts when you want it to, unlike many auto/manuals. Always ready to follow your instruction. An excellent long-distance cruiser or boulevard blaster!

Favorite Features

This car corners like it is on rails. Very flat and stable. The grip is incredible. There's more power and torque than you know what to do with. Normal acceleration is effortless.

Suggested Improvements

Low-speed shift action is jerky. Very low ground clearance. FYI, in response to a previous poster; lowering the car 2" would cause it to sit on terra firma. Realistically, car could benefit from speed hump height adjustment like on other supercars.

great car
By peter

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

this car is everything that I wanted in a car. There are a few things that can be improve like fuel economy. I am getting about 15 miles per gallon and that is driving at normal speed, going fast maybe about 11 miles per gallon. When starting the car in the manual mode the car transmission sometimes stalls for a fraction of a second because the transmission is calculating the gears.

Favorite Features

The stereo system is great but tI bet the looks ion this car are the best features. I had people following me just to take a photo of this car. Last week a policeman stopped me just to ask me what kind of car I was driving. I never got that with a Porsche, Benz, BMW. Great looks!

Suggested Improvements

More space in the back seats, If I move my seat to the front to let someone sit behind me I am on top of the wheel. Not to bad in the passenger side.