Used 2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:

Automotive orgasm
By Robert

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had my GTR for 4 months. There is an unnamed river road that is windy, twisty and has dips. There are even a few straight lines. This road brings out the best in this vehicle. It will stick like glue, easily handling anything I can dish out. Amazing! It is also my daily driver. Taking off slowly in first was initially unsettling, but you get used to it. Excellent sound system.A car like this was a dream for me. I'm really a Porsche guy, but the price of a late model turbo is out of my reach. But the GTR is the finest performance machine I've ever driven.

Awesome
By Tony Leparulo

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had a lot of fast cars but none as fun. This package beats all. The car on the track is sick. you can't find, it's limit. It is the car of the decade. No one give you the performance of this car for the price nothing corners like it. the only car that even comes close is the Lexus. There taking orders now for $375, Sold my Porsche Carrera.

every thing. The g meters it is great to see your g force, and see on a display

the over spill when filling tank, doesn't always happen looks like when you get too low it burbs fill up at the half way mark , no problem

this is the car
By g4real

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

As of this time, I put in 5,800 miles on this car & all I can say is it's worth every penny. Style of this car & the limited delivery from japan is a advantage for the consumer. a lot of head turning is going to happen once you owe this gtr. performance, can't complain. it has the power and speed that every man would want to have on a sports car. traded my sl55 amg for this & it was worth. only down side is rough & bouncy suspension. But other than that it's perfect. I wish they had a manual. Never used the launch control since it scares me already having this fast of a vehicle. took it to vegas & ran up to 160mph without a problem. i will give the gtr a 9/10 rating.

navigation, speed, descent gas mileage on the freeway

6 disc cd changer, manual transmission.

Phenomenal Rocket Ship with Amentities
By Simone

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

If anyone out there is considering a purchase of a Nissan GTR, do yourself a favor and buy it now. No other car has the performance, suspension, technology and safety out there for the money. I'm not into being followed by others wanting to take pics of the car but this car really has rock star status. I cant ever go to the gas station without someone coming up and wanting to gaze or gawk at the car. I've had it now for about six months &I have no gripes. This thing is just an absolute awesome experience to drive &it performs on the track (both 1/4 mile and autocross) beautifully. Simply put, the best car I've ever owned and I did test drive the M3, M5 AMG SL63 and Z06 before buying.

Favorite feature is definitely stepping all the way down on the gas pedal on watching the car pull 1G and hitting 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds.

The only improvement I would suggest is to put a back-up camera as standard equipment. I had an aftermarket cam installed by a stereo shop and it works perfectly but this should be standard issue.

Best car I've ever driven
By bigmclargehuge

2009 Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's the complete package. Performance, handling, and comfort. No car I have driven is a better combination. Interior is high quality and seats are comfortable. Comfort mode does help the harsh ride, though I like the solid stance in R-mode around corners. Shifts when you want it to, unlike many auto/manuals. Always ready to follow your instruction. An excellent long-distance cruiser or boulevard blaster!

This car corners like it is on rails. Very flat and stable. The grip is incredible. There's more power and torque than you know what to do with. Normal acceleration is effortless.

Low-speed shift action is jerky. Very low ground clearance. FYI, in response to a previous poster; lowering the car 2" would cause it to sit on terra firma. Realistically, car could benefit from speed hump height adjustment like on other supercars.