2009 Nissan GT-R - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GT-R model:
Awesome
By Tony Leparulo on 11/02/09 08:40 AM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Had a lot of fast cars but none as fun. This package beats all. The car on the track is sick. you can't find, it's limit. It is the car of the decade. No one give you the performance of this car for the price nothing corners like it. the only car that even comes close is the Lexus. There taking orders now for $375, Sold my Porsche Carrera.

this is the car
By g4real on 11/01/09 18:17 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

As of this time, I put in 5,800 miles on this car & all I can say is it's worth every penny. Style of this car & the limited delivery from japan is a advantage for the consumer. a lot of head turning is going to happen once you owe this gtr. performance, can't complain. it has the power and speed that every man would want to have on a sports car. traded my sl55 amg for this & it was worth. only down side is rough & bouncy suspension. But other than that it's perfect. I wish they had a manual. Never used the launch control since it scares me already having this fast of a vehicle. took it to vegas & ran up to 160mph without a problem. i will give the gtr a 9/10 rating.

Phenomenal Rocket Ship with Amentities
By Simone on 09/21/09 09:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

If anyone out there is considering a purchase of a Nissan GTR, do yourself a favor and buy it now. No other car has the performance, suspension, technology and safety out there for the money. I'm not into being followed by others wanting to take pics of the car but this car really has rock star status. I cant ever go to the gas station without someone coming up and wanting to gaze or gawk at the car. I've had it now for about six months &I have no gripes. This thing is just an absolute awesome experience to drive &it performs on the track (both 1/4 mile and autocross) beautifully. Simply put, the best car I've ever owned and I did test drive the M3, M5 AMG SL63 and Z06 before buying.

Best car I've ever driven
By bigmclargehuge on 09/14/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

It's the complete package. Performance, handling, and comfort. No car I have driven is a better combination. Interior is high quality and seats are comfortable. Comfort mode does help the harsh ride, though I like the solid stance in R-mode around corners. Shifts when you want it to, unlike many auto/manuals. Always ready to follow your instruction. An excellent long-distance cruiser or boulevard blaster!

great car
By peter on 06/11/09 09:45 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

this car is everything that I wanted in a car. There are a few things that can be improve like fuel economy. I am getting about 15 miles per gallon and that is driving at normal speed, going fast maybe about 11 miles per gallon. When starting the car in the manual mode the car transmission sometimes stalls for a fraction of a second because the transmission is calculating the gears.

Disappointed
By RevMatt on 05/31/09 05:52 AM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Too heavy, too hyped and too limited. Nicely conceived, poorly executed. Drop 600-700 lbs, lower two inches, get rid of the fancy tranny and eliminate the "warranty voided if you use the launch control" and this car could be a world class sports car! The AWD needs some work to improve driver feedback. I sold my GT-R in favor of a Corvette Z06. Nissan developed some great ideas but missed the mark.

Value+
By JMarcinkevich on 04/29/09 17:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

Nothing compares to this vehicle. You cannot beat it for the dollars, almost nothing can beat it's performance, the fit and finish work very well at this price point, and it does not need to make a lot of noise to get the job done or attract attention. Looks certainly do attract attention, it is different, not for that purpose, but to again get the job done! It's the aero efficiency, the 2+2 ability, and real trunk space. The numbers are widely known, why would an informed, intelligent, and cost conscious consumer buy anything else?

Disorientingly Fast!
By Nate on 03/30/09 15:14 PM (PDT)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I only have 117 miles on the car so far, but what I can say is that it is really an experience. I purchase the car for a daily driver in Wisconsin. The ride is not that harsh, the gear box is a MANUAL for all intense purposes and the shifts feel like a good manual transmission would feel. There is a little too much road noise for my personal taste.

Great, but a little passionless
By Shawn on 02/24/09 17:09 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

The GT-R is without doubt an amazing feat of engineering. That said, I'm not sure I love it. I've had an S2000 for four years, and like a previous reviewer I really think it is more fun to drive. Whereas the S2000 is a fun little partner in petty 'crime', the GT-R is more akin to a nuclear weapon. I know it's unbelievably powerful and fast, but I also get very little chance to use it on the street in a way that seems 'fun.' But that's a knock against any supercar. So, while I greatly respect the GT-R, I don't really lust after it, in part because it does not look good.

THE modern era supercar!
By Manraj S Dhillon on 02/07/09 12:13 PM (PST)

2009 Nissan GT-R Premium 2dr Coupe AWD (3.8L 6cyl Turbo 6AM)

I researched this car for over a year against BMW M3, Mercedes C63 AMG, Audi RS4, Corvette Z06 and I was coming from a WRX STi and I kid you not, this car does it all. I had heard that it had a hard ride and was noisy but it is not the case. It handles beautifully and turns immediately when you want it to.The power is indescribable and the sound of the car, in my opinion, is just right (V8s are overrated). The interior is quality crafted and it has all the modern tech you could need or want. Do not buy if you need usable rear seats. It does better MPG than my STi did and the sound system is great. You had also better get used to the attention you will receive because they are so rare. The BEST

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Nissan GT-R in NJ is:

$264 per month*