2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

OKay little truck
By Richard Sawatzki

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

Okay little truck, but the 4 cylinder engine was a disappointment, it lacks in power and gives me about the same Mileage as my old 2000 Nissan Frontier 6 cylinder standard transmission did. The truck I bought is bear-bones with crank windows and manual door locks, wish I had upgraded, but the price was the reason for the lesser truck.

What I picked, what I got
By John Rossi

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Extensive online research. Disappointed in online shopping experience (get a quote should be titled get emails asking you to stop by - no quotes). Once selected visited dealership and got exactly what I wanted for what I wanted to pay (trade-in value for my old vehicle was higher than expected)

Manufacturer defective driver's side seat
By Robert W. McReynolds

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

My new 2016 Frontier is missing a bunch of padding near the backrest in the drivers seat. Feels like you are sitting in a hole and hurts my back. Nissan is not willing to replace or repair the seat. Passengers seat has the padding and is comfortable. 100% dissatisfied with Nissan Customer Service. I purchased a new 2011 Frontier and was very happy with the truck, so purchased a new 2016 exact copy. Both driver and passenger seats on the 2011 were identical and comfortable. After dealing with Nissan Customer Service, I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NISSAN PRODUCT! The dealer and Nissan indicated they would write no more repair/complaints. So much for the LEMON LAW!

Very Satisfied with My Truck!
By Charles Craig

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Recently I purchased a new Nissan Frontier SV King Cab with the 4.0 V6 automatic, and I really like it. For about two years prior to my purchase, I considered the Frontier as well as the Toyota Tacoma and to a lesser extent the Chevy Colorado. There are several reasons why I chose the Frontier over the Tacoma or Colorado. Among those reasons is way it drives; the Frontier handles very well and feels very solid on the road. The interior and seating position felt more "right" to me than its competitors. In my opinion, the Frontier's exterior looks much better than the Tacoma and even the Colorado. Finally, for the money, I believe I got a much better deal with the Frontier, paying thousands of dollars less for what I would have paid for similar features in its competitors.

I have owned other pickups in the past, including a Mazda pickup, an older Toyota pickup, and a Ford Ranger, and in my opinion the Nissan Frontier is clearly the best of them all, even though it is really not fair to compare this Frontier to the older trucks. While this particular version of the Frontier has been around for more than a decade, it is still very up-to-date. My truck has Bluetooth, XM Radio, a USB jack, and apps available in the entertainment system.

So far, I have hauled several loads and towed a small utility trailer with no problems at all. I am very satisfied with the Frontier and would without hesitation recommend it to others.

Former Ranger owner
By Tommy

2016 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Having owned many Rangers, (which were very strong tough trucks) the Nissan Frontier is by far the better truck. Very strong frame, very solid riding. The engine, V-6 strong, plenty of torque. The price advantage is excellent. A similar equipped Toyota Tacoma will list for apron $4.000 more.