2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

love my Frontier
By Donnie craddock

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

best value in class

Bookkeepper One
By Don Funk

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Several packages over and above Std Crew Cab with 5 foot bed. Head restraints on back seats block 2/3rds of rearview mirror. I removed the head restraints to have full view of rear of truck. GPS/Navigation comes as a premium. You can have GPS with custom mount for a lot less money and viewing the GPS is just off your right side of the steering wheel at the 2 o'clock position. I have used my TomTom 5/7" on the last 4 Nissan Frontier Trucks with the same custom mount to the dashboard through the top vent of the left A/C vent. The custom mount goes with me on each sale. V6 Engine provides plenty of power when needed on the highway or on a city street. I purchased separately a custom bed cover which enhances the gas mileage about 3% and completes the trim of the back of the truck. Also keeps the storage area dry. The bed extender attached to the inside of the bed with side & floor tracks with cleats has always been a must for the truck bed. I am 6'4" the Frontier offers plenty of leg room and head room. So look over the various features and comfort packages to get what you need.

Solid Performer - All around a Great Value
By Steve Perry, Kansas

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

There are a lot of "PROS" with this truck. (The biggest one for me was the amazing price that found - couldn't pass it up...). Aside from that, I a very happy with this pickup. the cabin is quiet, and it is very stable on the road, even a highway speeds here in Kansas (80+) with wind that can be brutal and sustained... I haven't felt like I was being blown around too much. I added a tonneau bed cover and it helped the stability a lot, which surprised me. Braking is very good, I have had to engage the ABS one time already... when a car pulled over on me in city traffic. If I am picky, there are a few negatives, however. The first is the overall cabin room, which I would expect to be similar in other models - it took a little getting used to... I don't notice it any more, but at first felt a little cramped - and wished that the seat would push back further. The other letdown was the mileage. I have averaged 19 mpg, which is mostly highway. I had hoped with a 6 cylinder that I would be in the low to mid 20's... Overall I am very happy with this truck. I upgraded the factory speakers - I am an audiophile though - so that was important to me. I also added Raptor chrome step bars so my daughter and fiancée can get in more easily (both are around 5'3"). It would have been unnecessary for me though. I also have towed a trailer with a car on it for about 50 miles, with absolutely no problems. It doesn't accelerate like my last car (2006 GTO) - but then, what could?? Ha Ha.

Best Buy in class
By Paul

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Tried out Tacoma (did not like ride and vis ability), Colorado. Liked Frontier best of all three at about 5K less money. Fuel economy was a concern. However, first two fill-ups 19 plus mpg...I'm happy.

2nd Frontier! Best in class pricing and value!
By Cam DaRif

2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

You can't beat this truck! Thousands less than its competitors, it outperforms them in almost every category. Trade-in value is outstanding also!