2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Best midsize dollar for dollar.
By Tyler A

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is a great truck. Not fancy but it's reliable, fun, built well, and still looks great. Plenty of power from the 4.0l motor, perfect offroading, and plenty of cargo space. Love my Frontier pro4x

"Wannabe"
By Walter Banta

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a truck that would replace my present vehicle, the one that I have driven successfully for 44 years. I doubt that Nissan would qualify. The six cylinder engine has an iron block - but it has aluminum heads - so given the different rates of expansion/contraction, head gasket failure was inevitable, eventually. The "timing chain" was much better than the "timing belt," but Nissan has faulty timing gears and a poor rating for servicing what they build - another negative. After rationalizing these detriments, I could not get a manual transmission to go with the six cylinder engine, which soured the deal completely. Lastly, I was left wondering what the parts/repair situation would look like fifteen years from now, so I have opted out of "new" trucks, and I will be looking for something older that "may" be more durable and offer me a few more good years. "The jury is still out" on the benefits of "older verses newer" and on "which truck might serve my needs." It may be a bit like looking for a Baptist preacher in the Vatican - doomed from the start.

2015 Frontier 4X4 4.0L SL crew cab LB
By James

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My new 4X4 Frontier SL crew cab has every option available with the long bed & 4.0L engine. I looked at the new Chevy/GMC and Toyota Tacoma and I went with the new 2015 Frontier SL 4X4 LB crew cab. This Frontier is a rock solid mid size pickup. Its 4.0L engine will last for many decades if properly maintained. I love the leather interior, heated seats and outstanding stereo with navigation. The engine is very strong. The only draw back to this pickup, is its gas mileage, but the reliability of this pickup a long with its 6.1 foot long bed and great pricing made the choice easy. The frame under the pickup bed on the Frontier looks twice as stout as the new Chevy/GMC frame under their small pickup beds, and the Frontier has 4 wheel disc brakes, you can't get that on the Toyota, and rear drum brakes are a real pain to maintain in the N.E. Ohio. I easily fitted a full size 8 foot couch in the rear truck bed with the tailgate down and used the Frontier's adjustable tie down system to securely hold the new couch for the trip home. This is a real stout mid size pickup with steel bumpers front, and rear only on the SL model.

I highly recommend this mid size pickup.

nissan frontier , the El Toro of trucks
By walt jakan

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

had a2008 ford f-150 and u can quote me on this . this frontier is like a tiger tank vs. a outdated grant tank when comparing the frontier sv v-6 to the f-150 v-6 . the ford was repair almost daily . the frontier is all I ever expected it to be. great truck. just the right size and it fits into the garage without having to get out and closing the mirrors. well worth the cost of buying .

Great Truck as long as you don't have problems...
By Jed

2015 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 Frontier SV Crew-Cab 4X4 4.0L 6cyl 5A truck, loved it. Once I sold it, bought this one: 2015 SV CC 4X4 4.0L 6cyl 5A with Value Package, no Nav. Great truck, except for the bluetooth. It always defaults to automatically replying to text messages (Nissan Consumer Affairs and the dealership both acknowledge that this is a defect), but Consumer Affairs will not provide any support/update/fix, other than "We are aware." Test out your phone's connection before you sign on the dotted line.

Like I said, love the truck, except for the faulty software programming and the significant lack of support from Nissan.