Used 2014 Nissan Frontier Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Nissan Frontier - can't find model I want.
By Roxanne Macias

2014 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Hard to find the Pro4x in a full extra cab, especially in any color other than white/black/silver... So never found one. Looking in Southern Oregon now.

Frontier of my discontent
By Jvincent

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Engine idles rough , lot of vibration . Front seat rattles ,dealer repaired , still rattles. Climate control difficult to regulate . Slow to warm in the winter. Wanders from side to side , loud when driving .

Fantastic pickup
By Nicholas schutzius

2014 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Transmission No gears
By Ed

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2014 Frontier at 32000 miles transmission started to slip within five miles no transmission. Forward and reverse gone. You could smell the clutch a mile away. I hadn't shifted in 5 miles. Towed vehicle to dealership where I bought truck I have extended warranty as well. 1689.99 later clutch flywheel pressure plate throw out bearing all replaced. 1000 miles after repairs I could feel the clutch was already wearing. Service director wanted me to test drive him and show issues I was now having, Heat plate rattle, grinding fourth gear clutch already wearing out and lets not forget the crease in the passenger door, Service director thanked me for knowing how to drive a stick. Gee only 30 years driving one. Now its in the shop see what they say this time. 1 year and already 1700 maintenance for an issue that wasn't my fault! Is it the hydraulic system to clutch?
Yesterday another 2014 coasts into gas station 27000 No transmission clutch smell months later a new clutch flywheel. Then rebuilt transmission back at mossy Nissan for pressure plate and throw out bearing. Just over 40k.

Great truck!
By Rich

2014 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 2004 Frontier king cab. It was spartan and handled kind of rough, but the thing was a tank and I had very little problems with it. I traded it in at a 170k miles. Having kids I knew I needed more of an actual back seat, I got a used 2014 Frontiet sv trim line crew cab. So far I love it! The V6 engine has great "gitty-up" and power. It's handling/turning may not be its strong suit, but it's a truck, not a sports car. Not sure this is most truck's strong suits. Overall I love the look of truck, sporty and brawny, while maintaining some refinement. Understand that this is a mid-size vehicle, so there are lots of bigger trucks with way more cargo and back seat space. But not wanting a school bus sized vehicle for a truck, this is a perfect size. Certainly if you do lots of hauling, especially heavy duty, look elsewhere. But for around town with some hauling, this truck fits the bill. Also some people knock the mpg, but again, it's a truck!