Used 2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2013 SVV6 KC AT 2WD
By rubbleb

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This make's my 2nd Nissan Truck. Purchased New 7/3/13, so far so good. A very nice Truck, with lot's of power. So far I get 20.6MPG Averaged, in mixed driveing, which is about the same that I was getting with a '93 Nissan KC 4 cylinder AT 2WD that I had purchased New 20 year's before. No problem's after 2 year's as only vehicle. I looked at and drove them all. Came down to Tacoma, Siverado, But Nissan Frontier came out on top,, with Most Truck for the Money.

UPDATE @ 3 Years: So far so good with no problem's. One advice that I can give, is to not put these Truck's in Mud, Water, or Rough Off Roading. I don't think these Truck's will stand up to that type of abuse.
So Far I'm Pleased with this 2013 SVV6 KC AT 2WD Nissan Truck.

A Jaunty Truck
By igopogo

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, currently at 16 months and 13,000 miles. The size of the KC truck is ideal for my purposes; roomy enough to accommodate two people (good sized) with luggage inside. Its dimensions are not too big to handle today’s traffic and parking situations, but are large enough to provide a comfortable ride. I wish it were quieter but will try to improve this area with future tire selection. I prefer the Frontier’s more upright chair-like seating position over the Tacoma (the only other truck I considered).

6-speed manual transmission, performance, right-sized truck, curb appeal

Road noise reduction

So-far-so-good
By deemery

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This replaced my 2000 4x2 Frontier (I got from a friend after he adopted 2 kids and needed a vehicle that could hold multiple car seats :-)
That truck ran great, good mileage, relatively low maintenance costs (except for the leaky fuel pump at 100k that cost $1100 to fix).

After 800 miles, performance is very good (I'm not used to this much power), gas mileage as expected (4x4 not a winner there), comfort is good, interior features are generally good.
Overall quite satisfied.

Backup camera (including night/low-light performance) Factory-applied bedliner Hands-free phone sound quality iPod integration Comfortable Cupholders (one now holds dog's water dish when we're traveling together :-)

Daytime Running Lights! NO excuse for this deficiency in 2013. Add pause/stop control for iPad or CD playback Difficult to add selected phone numbers, it's all-or-nothing. Nissan should take advantage of the radio screen and controls to allow more customization features. Not really interested in Sirius, but would have liked HD Radio. Would have liked a diesel engine option.

It's a real work truck and I traded it
By heiliner

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 4th Nissan Frontier. I traded in a Nissan D21 that I had for 25 years. My 2013 is a 4 cylinder, 5 speed, S model King Cab. It was priced about $3000 below a similar Toyota Tacoma.
The truck has crank windows, no power locks, and no Bluetooth. The first tank of gas I got almost 28 mpg in city and rural driving. On the second tank full I got 25 mpg. The secret is to shift around 2200 rpm. The truck is clunky and dated and simple transportation. For every 100 miles I drive this Frontier I save about $8 over the Tundra parked next to it in fuel costs.
UPDATE: My real work truck developed a cab leak and filled with water. The passenger side of the cab was never sealed from the factory. I purchased a new 2015 Frontier SV 4x4 crew cab and traded in the 2013 as after the leak the smell never went away. MY ADVICE, before buying check carefully the seams of the cab to be sure they are fully factory sealed.

@1000 miles
By dmantic

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far, truck is working out well. Minimal road noise for a pickup. Plenty of power. Steering tracks very good, especially at high speed. Seats firm and comfortable. Interior not well thought out. Too many cup holders that could have been used for storage compartments. Cheap plastic chrome exterior trim. 21+mpg mixed hwy/city. Overall, good value when compared to competition with similar equipment. Fun to drive.