2013 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Cheap to buy, cheap to own

2013 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

SV Crew Cab Pickup (4.0L V6 5-speed Automatic 5.0 ft. Bed)

Cheap to buy, cheap to own
By robert_bell on

2013 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to tow our 3,500 lb Casita travel trailer. We added a Leer Cap. We have a 2013 crew cab SV with 4.0 2WD and 5-speed auto. The 265 HP is more than adequate and beats our old BMW X5 3.0 by at least 30 HP. Steering at highway speeds is vague and it wanders, but I noticed the tires are wearing on the inside and I believe the factory set the front-end with too much toe-out. The headlight aim needs adjusting, too. The sterro is OK, but the iPod starts by itself sometimes for no reason. We added add-a-leaf springs to the back for towing, as it sagged a bit when loaded. Overall, it was about what I expected for a $25,000 vehicle.

Horsepower, and lots of it. Nice 5-speed tranny, standard backup camera (in SV value package trim). Pretty OK stereo. Factory spray-in bedliner. Lots of rear seat room. Rear seats fold up two ways, has underseat storage. Tow package pre-wired for brake controller (controller harness, $35 part!). $25,000 out the door, with dealer installed options and SV value package. Cheap!

Better gas mileage, it gets 20, barely. Seat lowering mechanism - seat is too high with manual seats.
By martin13
on 05/30/14 16:09 PM (PDT)

curious as to how well the Casita is being towed - any problems? I'm researching the Frontier for that very same reason (Casita).