2013 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: It's a real work truck and I t

2013 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Review

2013 Nissan Frontier

S King Cab (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

It's a real work truck and I traded it
By heiliner on

2013 Nissan Frontier S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 4th Nissan Frontier. I traded in a Nissan D21 that I had for 25 years. My 2013 is a 4 cylinder, 5 speed, S model King Cab. It was priced about $3000 below a similar Toyota Tacoma.
The truck has crank windows, no power locks, and no Bluetooth. The first tank of gas I got almost 28 mpg in city and rural driving. On the second tank full I got 25 mpg. The secret is to shift around 2200 rpm. The truck is clunky and dated and simple transportation. For every 100 miles I drive this Frontier I save about $8 over the Tundra parked next to it in fuel costs.
UPDATE: My real work truck developed a cab leak and filled with water. The passenger side of the cab was never sealed from the factory. I purchased a new 2015 Frontier SV 4x4 crew cab and traded in the 2013 as after the leak the smell never went away. MY ADVICE, before buying check carefully the seams of the cab to be sure they are fully factory sealed.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By robert_bell
on 05/26/14 19:24 PM (PDT)

Crew cab is more dog-friendly. I made a platform out of 3/4" plywood and covered it with carpet. I fold the seat bottoms UP and place this on the cargo compartments, with a prop in the front. The dog's head is just at window height this way. You might be able to replace the rear window with an aftermarket slider from JC Whitless or something for like a hundred bucks or so, but your dog would prefer the side windows, I think.