Used 2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

2013 SVV6 KC AT 2WD
By rubbleb

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This make's my 2nd Nissan Truck. Purchased New 7/3/13, so far so good. A very nice Truck, with lot's of power. I get between 20 and 21 mpg, in mixed driveing, which is about the same that I was getting with a '93 Nissan KC 4 cylinder AT 2WD that I had purchased New 20 year's before. No problem's after 2 year's as only vehicle. I looked at and drove them all. Came down to Tacoma, Siverado, But Nissan Frontier came out on top,, with Most Truck for the Money.

Take's Curve's Good, Good Seat Height, Look's Good, & Run's Good. Like the Locking Tail Gate, Big Wide Tire's, Nice Wheel's, Look's good from Side, Front, & Rear, Good Radio & Speaker's, Factory Tinted Glass. Able to Tow 6500 lbs. Pleased to find out that all Nissan V6 Frontier's are Classed as 1/2 Ton Trucks. All Toll, I just got more with a Nissan Frontier, than all the rest..

Only thing, that I can think of is, that it would be good to have about 3 more inch's of Rear Knee Room, without giveing up the 6 foot bed,, that a lot of us want and need. But I knew that going in, that the space behind the Front Seat's is mainly for Grocerie's & a Small Child. If I had needed more rear passenger room,, I would have gotten the Crew Cab or an Extended Cab Full Size Truck.

A Jaunty Truck
By igopogo

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased new, currently at 16 months and 13,000 miles. The size of the KC truck is ideal for my purposes; roomy enough to accommodate two people (good sized) with luggage inside. Its dimensions are not too big to handle todayís traffic and parking situations, but are large enough to provide a comfortable ride. I wish it were quieter but will try to improve this area with future tire selection. I prefer the Frontierís more upright chair-like seating position over the Tacoma (the only other truck I considered).

6-speed manual transmission, performance, right-sized truck, curb appeal

Road noise reduction

So-far-so-good
By deemery

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This replaced my 2000 4x2 Frontier (I got from a friend after he adopted 2 kids and needed a vehicle that could hold multiple car seats :-) That truck ran great, good mileage, relatively low maintenance costs (except for the leaky fuel pump at 100k that cost $1100 to fix). After 800 miles, performance is very good (I'm not used to this much power), gas mileage as expected (4x4 not a winner there), comfort is good, interior features are generally good. Overall quite satisfied.

Backup camera (including night/low-light performance) Factory-applied bedliner Hands-free phone sound quality iPod integration Comfortable Cupholders (one now holds dog's water dish when we're traveling together :-)

Daytime Running Lights! NO excuse for this deficiency in 2013. Add pause/stop control for iPad or CD playback Difficult to add selected phone numbers, it's all-or-nothing. Nissan should take advantage of the radio screen and controls to allow more customization features. Not really interested in Sirius, but would have liked HD Radio. Would have liked a diesel engine option.

It's a real work truck
By heiliner

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 4th Nissan Frontier. I traded in a Nissan D21 that I had for 25 years. My 2013 is a 4 cylinder, 5 speed, S model King Cab. It was priced about $3000 below a similar Toyota Tacoma. The truck has crank windows, no power locks, and no Bluetooth. The first tank of gas I got almost 28 mpg in city and rural driving. On the second tank full I got 25 mpg. The secret is to shift around 2200 rpm. The truck is clunky and dated and simple transportation. For every 100 miles I drive this Frontier I save about $8 over the Tundra parked next to it in fuel costs.

Far above all other points on this truck is it's fuel efficiency. With the exception of the Tacoma regular cab 4 cylinder there is no other truck as fuel efficient. Many times there is no need for a full size truck, again, the Frontier fits the bill. Finally, purchase price is well below the competition. The truck isn't fancy, it rides like a buckboard wagon, the quality and finish is so so....but dollar for dollar it is a great value. It is a work truck.

Heads Up Dog Owners: the 2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab S Model is NOT dog friendly. There is no option from Nissan to add a slider rear window. Nissan needs to offer a rear slider window option. The 2013 Nissan Frontier does not have Daylight Running Lights and in my opinion it should. Nissan needs Daylight Running Lights as standard equipment. I realize you can't have it both ways but the rear axle ratio is a bit high which gives great fuel economy but also gives weak power starts in first gear. Again, Nissan needs to offer a choice of rear axle gear ratios, one for power and one for fuel efficiency.

@1000 miles
By dmantic

2013 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far, truck is working out well. Minimal road noise for a pickup. Plenty of power. Steering tracks very good, especially at high speed. Seats firm and comfortable. Interior not well thought out. Too many cup holders that could have been used for storage compartments. Cheap plastic chrome exterior trim. 21+mpg mixed hwy/city. Overall, good value when compared to competition with similar equipment. Fun to drive.