2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Cheap to buy, cheap to own
By robert_bell on 05/26/14 19:20 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to tow our 3,500 lb Casita travel trailer. We added a Leer Cap. We have a 2013 crew cab SV with 4.0 2WD and 5-speed auto. The 265 HP is more than adequate and beats our old BMW X5 3.0 by at least 30 HP. Steering at highway speeds is vague and it wanders, but I noticed the tires are wearing on the inside and I believe the factory set the front-end with too much toe-out. The headlight aim needs adjusting, too. The sterro is OK, but the iPod starts by itself sometimes for no reason. We added add-a-leaf springs to the back for towing, as it sagged a bit when loaded. Overall, it was about what I expected for a $25,000 vehicle.

Manual midsizes, a lonely club
By chriscmore on 05/09/14 08:00 AM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I chose the Frontier over the Tacoma, because the Frontier is 5% smaller but with a larger bed, and a larger engine with better economy. It's also noticeably a few years fresher in design. I got the now-discontinued PRO-4X with 6sp manual, which had to be shipped from Oregon to Nebraska. The 6sp is a lot of fun, but the reverse gear is hard to find and should have been to the left like German autos. The tailgate extender is nice because it's easy to remove. The bed divider is functional but a bit obnoxious in that it's not an easy one-side affair to move or get out of the way. Love the step rails and tie anchors. The cruise control didn't work and I have an oil leak to have serviced.

Rugged and Reliable
By rod71 on 03/27/14 21:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had this truck for about 7 mths now. Bought new. It is a rugged little truck. I say little even though it's consider as a mid size truck. On the out side it gives the illusion that it's has a roomer interior. Nissan could have made it a few in wider and added a few in of leg room for back seat passengers. 1 week after having the truck I exp. a loud clanking noise during start ups, and while driving until the engine warmed up. The dealer tried to tell me it was normal but turn out to be a loose cooling fan. Now my driver's side window makes scraping noise when the window is let up or down. Looks like I need a new regulator. Other than that it's a great truck, but with bad gas mileage.

I love this truck!
By clconner on 02/28/14 10:43 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a Tacoma TRD crew cab and while I enjoyed the truck, I didn't enjoy paying for it. A few years later, I find myself in the market for another vehicle, so I gave the 2014 Frontier SV 4x4 a try... and it's every bit as great as the Tacoma, minus the sticker shock. It handles great, rides smooth (takes potholes in Northern Virginia like a champ), has a lot of get-up-and-go, and the interior is even more comfortable than my Tacoma was. I'm looking forward to owning this truck for many, many years.

AWESOME small truck!!
By chris3215 on 11/08/13 06:26 AM (PST)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my very first light weight truck and I will tell you I love the way it handles and I drive manual so the 6 speed if great, fast pick up in speed, great to take out on the trail. This truck out shines all the GMC light weight and Chevys light weight is how well made it is nothing cheap on the Frontier. Looking very forward to many years with this truck. Well worth what I paid.

Lots of pep@1600 miles
By hoosierhaunts on 11/05/13 23:51 PM (PST)

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

So far I like it. Toyota 2wd sat low. Rear seats are better than Toyota too. Love the blue metallic exterior color. Too new and too early to review gas mileage. Think it will be fine. Does not seem to be thirsty. 3rd Nissan truck I've owned. First crew cab, with V6 5A. When I'm not driving my Nissan truck, I'm a driving a FedEx truck. My Nissan Frontier handles well at highway and interstates, no problems.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Nissan Frontier Crew-cab in VA is:

$159 per month*