Used 2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews - 9 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Gassy
By Rj

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Great truck, just be prepared to make frequently stops at your favorite gas station. I can't seem to get more than 330 miles out of a tank.

Overall all right mid size pickup
By Moses Leavens

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

2013 SV 4X4 fan
By Ryan K

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

perfect truck and saves $10k compared to other trucks. fits everything needed. the bed is short but I got a bed extender to fit 15ft kayaks on. gas mi is lower than others, but it equals to my old 2000 CRV. 4X4 = A+! Folsom lake mud was an easy drive. no complaints! thanks nissan!

Cheap to buy, cheap to own
By robert_bell

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this to tow our 3,500 lb Casita travel trailer.
We added a Leer Cap.
We have a 2013 crew cab SV with 4.0 2WD and 5-speed auto.
The 265 HP is more than adequate and beats our old BMW X5 3.0 by at least 30 HP.
Steering at highway speeds is vague and it wanders, but I noticed the tires are wearing on the inside and I believe the factory set the front-end with too much toe-out.
The headlight aim needs adjusting, too.
The sterro is OK, but the iPod starts by itself sometimes for no reason.
We added add-a-leaf springs to the back for towing, as it sagged a bit when loaded.
Overall, it was about what I expected for a $25,000 vehicle.

Horsepower, and lots of it. Nice 5-speed tranny, standard backup camera (in SV value package trim). Pretty OK stereo. Factory spray-in bedliner. Lots of rear seat room. Rear seats fold up two ways, has underseat storage. Tow package pre-wired for brake controller (controller harness, $35 part!). $25,000 out the door, with dealer installed options and SV value package. Cheap!

Better gas mileage, it gets 20, barely. Seat lowering mechanism - seat is too high with manual seats.

Manual midsizes, a lonely club
By chriscmore

2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I chose the Frontier over the Tacoma, because the Frontier is 5% smaller but with a larger bed, and a larger engine with better economy.
It's also noticeably a few years fresher in design.
I got the now-discontinued PRO-4X with 6sp manual, which had to be shipped from Oregon to Nebraska.
The 6sp is a lot of fun, but the reverse gear is hard to find and should have been to the left like German autos.
The tailgate extender is nice because it's easy to remove.
The bed divider is functional but a bit obnoxious in that it's not an easy one-side affair to move or get out of the way.
Love the step rails and tie anchors.
The cruise control didn't work and I have an oil leak to have serviced.

1) Midsize is the perfect size for those that plan on putting it in a garage. The Titan is 30% larger. 2) Extended (King) cab is great for the added utility with a couple small kids, but without sacrificing the main purpose of the truck - the bed. 3) Unless you're using it as an urban commuter, I adore my 6sp manual transmission. This truck does what I tell it to do. 4) The PRO-4X package is great, although I'd do the SV if I had to. I got one of the three last PRO-4X manuals out there. 5) Ride height. Even though this is a 4x4 with an off-road package, the bed is still easy to load. The tailgate is at crotch level and the sides of the bed at armpit level.

Better fuel economy. I average about 18 mpg, which is pretty poor. Fortunately for me, this will be a low-mileage utility vehicle. LED headlamps, because large headlamps already look dated. Build to order. My local dealer wouldn't order a custom configuration for me. When a dealer 3hrs away did, after a month the factory decided not to make it. When the website says "build", allow people who are willing to spend the time and money to get exactly what they want. I almost had to get a Tacoma. This would add cost, but a variable-height air suspension would be amazing in a 4x4 truck.