8 of 8 people found this review helpful
I'd Buy it Again
By bansko on
2012 Nissan Frontier S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)
I've put 8,000 miles on this truck so far, including hundreds on gravel and dirt through a Wyoming winter, and I have no regrets.
No warranty issues of any kind.
The V6 has plenty of power and the steering and handling are excellent on and off pavement.
I considered the Tacoma since I like the looks slightly better, but Toyota has had some serious quality/recall issues with the Tacoma over the last 10 years.
That, and the fact that toyata wants a few thousand more for an equally equipped truck leaned me toward Nissan.
The Frontier is indeed a rugged, no-nonsense truck.
I expect to drive it for many years.
BTW, JD Powers just ranked it the top midsize pickup for 2012.
- Six speeed manual transmission
- Heavy duty frame
- Smooth ride on highway, confident ride off-road
- "Utility" package with spray on bedliner and Utilitrack system for securing cargo.
- Dual glove box
- Outside temp display on rear view mirror
- Improve access to oil filter.
Very difficult to use a strap wrench or oil filter "cup" wrench.
I bought a supply of K&N oil filters with the one inch hex head and that solved the problem.
- Include 245/75/16 tires with the 16 inch alloys instead of the stock 265/70/16 tires.
The narrower tire would be a little better on snow and ice.
That's what I'll replace the stock tires with eventally.
265's are a little overkill on a truck this size.
- Include a simple trip computer with MPG, miles to empty, etc.
Even my dirt cheap Cobalt has that.