Back to nissan :)
By bgarthe on
2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
Years ago I had pathfinder and 720 pickup and went Jeep for a bit. Our Nissans were great and I am very glad I returned. I recently bought new Frontier crew cab Pro 4x and it is a dream. The styling, power, performance, and features set it apart from the many other brands considered and researched. It helps that the local dealership has such great service dept. It is quiet, has a nice music package, moonroof (my first), and handles really well. I think the safety features are a sure plus. Mileage is ok, but is sure to get better as she ages. I had my Jeep for twelve years and look forward to at least that with this truck.
Favorite Features
I really like the four wheel switch, interior comfort, controls, and visibility. The radio volume and station controls are nice on the steering wheel. One real fine comfort issue is the arm rest on the door....not too high or low. The jack and arm are within easy reach and the doors close real nicely, not w a bang. I wanted the sunroof, so got the leather pkg. I am impressed with the seat ride and the lumbar support is perfect for me. I like the ride for general driving and can't wait to visit TN and AZ for some off road trips this summer. I used it on snowy roads and was very impressed w how it handled in4x4 mode. This buyer is totally impressed so far and would recommend it to all.
Suggested Improvements
It is too early with this truck to offer suggestions at this time, but will if needed later on. The fuel mileage could be a tad better, but one cannot have it all and the truck is bound to get less than a car or 4 cyl one. I do need to tow the boat to WI as well.
By bgarthe
on 09/04/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

Well, a follow up is due after another 8,000 miles. I just finished visiting 16 states and lots of off-roading. The Frontier was great. I averaged 20 mpg. on the hwy which was nice and I did many mountain roads in TN, AL, KY, CO, NM, and AZ. Some of these roads worried me, but the truck did perfectly and got me through. One such trip took me on NM road 338 to Geronimo Trail which was wild. I also used for the first time the hill decent switch to go down a curvy narrow mountain road some 6,000 feet. It really does do well and my braking was minimal....done at slow speeds. The cruise control used much of the time was both reliable and easy for me to operate. Bear in mind, I will post bad things that occur as well, but there were simply no problems. When I took it in for an oil and air filter change, the service dept. said all looked fine. Lastly, when I trailered my boat to WI, all went well with power to spare. Now I can say for sure that this is the best vehicle I have had. Nice job Nissan. Sent from my iPad

By bgarthe
on 04/18/13 17:39 PM (PDT)

Well I have driven it for nearly 4,000 miles and still no troubles like often happen with new vehicles. Drove through flood water without a glitch and mileage is inching upward a bit. Still looking forward to AZ this summer and KY/TN for some of the off road stuff. Mine handles very well and has none of some of the other issues like steering pulling to the left or driver seat comfort. I like to update posts whether they are good or bad. So far, so good.