2012 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Pro-4x 4WD
By flip900rr on 12/12/11 13:09 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first choice was the tacoma but it was at least $7K more with the same option. I test drove both. I like the look of the tacoma better but the price was just way too high. I ended buying the frontier because I got it $4K less than the MSRP. Now with the frontier, the handling and power is great. I took it off road already and it handled it very well. MPG is about 15 on the city. I have not driven it on the highway that often to check the mpg. If you are looking for a 4x4 truck, the pro-4x is the best deal under $30K out of the door. I shopped everywhere. I checked Rams, f150, tacoma, and all others. Price, reliability and handling are the main reasons I chose the frontier.

2012 Nissan Frontier SV Sport Appearance
By frontier21 on 11/30/11 22:37 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 Nissan Frontier Sport Appearance crew cab a month ago, and I love it! I couldn't stand the gas mileage in my 07 f-150 5.4L anymore, so I traded for the Frontier. I tow a fairly heavy 20 ft. flats boat, and I was nervous at first about towing with the V6 versus my big 5.4L. The Frontier does perfect! Pulling power is impressive, and the suspension actually feels better than the ford when loaded down. Gas mileage is impressive compared to the 12-15 I was getting, I drive a mixture of city/ highway and right now I'm getting 19.4. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone looking to get away from the MPG of a full-size truck without sacrificing ANY power.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$130 per month*