2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
damn good truck
By fourthgentexan on 12/09/13 05:20 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned trucks for thirty years. As a professional salesman requiring a truck I drove Fords, Chevy's and even the pitiful Dodge. I prefer Toyota's, but for value you can't beat the frontier. It was 5k cheaper than the comparably equipped Toyota Tacoma. The tires that come on the Frontier are crap. They lasted about 22k, and were outright scary on wet pavement. After putting Michelin ATX tires on the truck I feel it's among the best vehicles I've had. Through the recent Ice storm in North Texas I never slid or had a problem getting where I wanted to go.

Convert from a Tacoma-30k miles and going strong
By lasvegas777 on 08/21/13 16:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the leather pro-4x model with every option available. The off road system with locker is fantastic. Thing is very nimble off road. The cargo system is the best from a factory that I have seen. It is very quite going down the highway. Is the right size living in the city and playing off road. I have taken my son and a friends kids all in car seats and have plenty of room in the back seat. Brakes and the motor feel very solid and have never let me down. On highway at 75-80 expect around 18-19. Around town Las Vegas is 15 mpg. Towing the max 6k weight will take you down to 7-9 mpg going though mtns. No warrenty issues and just oil changes to date.

Really impressed with this truck!
By rbagnate on 01/06/13 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just wanted to say this truck saved me and my family from a semi-truck that had no control(icy roads). We braced for impact and after the semi hit the rear end, I though we were goners! After being pushed into the other vehicle and everything was said and done. My daughter in the back seat with the booster chair and restraints and my wife in the passenger side. We all came out of this truck unscathed. The airbags deployed and till this day I am still in Awe! The truck was a 2011 SL. I would definitely RECOMMEND this truck to anyone. Now we have a 2012 Pro-4X...

Back to nissan :)
By bgarthe on 12/27/12 15:36 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Years ago I had pathfinder and 720 pickup and went Jeep for a bit. Our Nissans were great and I am very glad I returned. I recently bought new Frontier crew cab Pro 4x and it is a dream. The styling, power, performance, and features set it apart from the many other brands considered and researched. It helps that the local dealership has such great service dept. It is quiet, has a nice music package, moonroof (my first), and handles really well. I think the safety features are a sure plus. Mileage is ok, but is sure to get better as she ages. I had my Jeep for twelve years and look forward to at least that with this truck.

moved up from 2004 xe
By darmonx on 12/09/12 13:51 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

impressions coming from 2004 frontier xe. power. step on the gas like i did on the '04 and the tires would spin. had to learn how to ease down a bit but i like that power. noise in the cabin is greatly reduced, i could actually hear the radio at low volume. the ride is alot smoother as well. comfort level compared to the 04 makes me want to take a nap while driving if thats possible while the older one kept me awake for sure with the wind noise and bumpier ride.

Almost perfect! Almost
By g100 on 09/10/12 14:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This truck has everything! I am coming from a 2003 Tacoma wich I love better than the new Frontier and the New Tacoma. The frontier has things that Toyota should be ashamed that they don't. Power seats, heated seats, heated mirrors. Rear Defroster! Who do they think is out in the weather, the little sedan or the 4X4 guys. This ommitance does not make sence. The ONLY problem with this truck is is wanders on the highway and even on back roads. You have to drive this truck and not take your eyes off the road. This truck is top SL version with 18'' tires. I have tryed removing some air from tires but still not perfect.

Best Dollar for Dollar available
By duffmann77 on 04/25/12 21:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only around 2k miles on the truck right now, but wanted to give my 2 cents on it. I looked at every other player on the market and it wasn't even close. On paper I thought the ridgeline would be the best until I drove it. You hit the gas and all you can hear is engine noise. The speed-o hardy would move. So the Tacoma. My last truck was a late 90's tacoma and just went on and on and on. So I thought for sure that would work. Nope. The seats are crap, and I got in the back seat and my head hit ceiling. I'm only 6'1. So that was out. So save yourself time and get Nissan. With rebates, fully loaded pro-x, leather ext 27k with rebates. Best out there.

I'd Buy it Again
By bansko on 03/23/12 19:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've put 8,000 miles on this truck so far, including hundreds on gravel and dirt through a Wyoming winter, and I have no regrets. No warranty issues of any kind. The V6 has plenty of power and the steering and handling are excellent on and off pavement. I considered the Tacoma since I like the looks slightly better, but Toyota has had some serious quality/recall issues with the Tacoma over the last 10 years. That, and the fact that toyata wants a few thousand more for an equally equipped truck leaned me toward Nissan. The Frontier is indeed a rugged, no-nonsense truck. I expect to drive it for many years. BTW, JD Powers just ranked it the top midsize pickup for 2012.

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Pro-4x 4WD
By flip900rr on 12/12/11 13:09 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first choice was the tacoma but it was at least $7K more with the same option. I test drove both. I like the look of the tacoma better but the price was just way too high. I ended buying the frontier because I got it $4K less than the MSRP. Now with the frontier, the handling and power is great. I took it off road already and it handled it very well. MPG is about 15 on the city. I have not driven it on the highway that often to check the mpg. If you are looking for a 4x4 truck, the pro-4x is the best deal under $30K out of the door. I shopped everywhere. I checked Rams, f150, tacoma, and all others. Price, reliability and handling are the main reasons I chose the frontier.

2012 Nissan Frontier SV Sport Appearance
By frontier21 on 11/30/11 22:37 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 2012 Nissan Frontier Sport Appearance crew cab a month ago, and I love it! I couldn't stand the gas mileage in my 07 f-150 5.4L anymore, so I traded for the Frontier. I tow a fairly heavy 20 ft. flats boat, and I was nervous at first about towing with the V6 versus my big 5.4L. The Frontier does perfect! Pulling power is impressive, and the suspension actually feels better than the ford when loaded down. Gas mileage is impressive compared to the 12-15 I was getting, I drive a mixture of city/ highway and right now I'm getting 19.4. I would definitely recommend this truck to anyone looking to get away from the MPG of a full-size truck without sacrificing ANY power.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Frontier Crew-cab in VA is:

$108 per month*