2012 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
damn good truck
By fourthgentexan on 12/09/13 05:20 AM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned trucks for thirty years. As a professional salesman requiring a truck I drove Fords, Chevy's and even the pitiful Dodge. I prefer Toyota's, but for value you can't beat the frontier. It was 5k cheaper than the comparably equipped Toyota Tacoma. The tires that come on the Frontier are crap. They lasted about 22k, and were outright scary on wet pavement. After putting Michelin ATX tires on the truck I feel it's among the best vehicles I've had. Through the recent Ice storm in North Texas I never slid or had a problem getting where I wanted to go.

Convert from a Tacoma-30k miles and going strong
By lasvegas777 on 08/21/13 16:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have the leather pro-4x model with every option available. The off road system with locker is fantastic. Thing is very nimble off road. The cargo system is the best from a factory that I have seen. It is very quite going down the highway. Is the right size living in the city and playing off road. I have taken my son and a friends kids all in car seats and have plenty of room in the back seat. Brakes and the motor feel very solid and have never let me down. On highway at 75-80 expect around 18-19. Around town Las Vegas is 15 mpg. Towing the max 6k weight will take you down to 7-9 mpg going though mtns. No warrenty issues and just oil changes to date.

Really impressed with this truck!
By rbagnate on 01/06/13 18:57 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just wanted to say this truck saved me and my family from a semi-truck that had no control(icy roads). We braced for impact and after the semi hit the rear end, I though we were goners! After being pushed into the other vehicle and everything was said and done. My daughter in the back seat with the booster chair and restraints and my wife in the passenger side. We all came out of this truck unscathed. The airbags deployed and till this day I am still in Awe! The truck was a 2011 SL. I would definitely RECOMMEND this truck to anyone. Now we have a 2012 Pro-4X...

Back to nissan :)
By bgarthe on 12/27/12 15:36 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Years ago I had pathfinder and 720 pickup and went Jeep for a bit. Our Nissans were great and I am very glad I returned. I recently bought new Frontier crew cab Pro 4x and it is a dream. The styling, power, performance, and features set it apart from the many other brands considered and researched. It helps that the local dealership has such great service dept. It is quiet, has a nice music package, moonroof (my first), and handles really well. I think the safety features are a sure plus. Mileage is ok, but is sure to get better as she ages. I had my Jeep for twelve years and look forward to at least that with this truck.

Best Dollar for Dollar available
By duffmann77 on 04/25/12 21:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have only around 2k miles on the truck right now, but wanted to give my 2 cents on it. I looked at every other player on the market and it wasn't even close. On paper I thought the ridgeline would be the best until I drove it. You hit the gas and all you can hear is engine noise. The speed-o hardy would move. So the Tacoma. My last truck was a late 90's tacoma and just went on and on and on. So I thought for sure that would work. Nope. The seats are crap, and I got in the back seat and my head hit ceiling. I'm only 6'1. So that was out. So save yourself time and get Nissan. With rebates, fully loaded pro-x, leather ext 27k with rebates. Best out there.

2012 Nissan Frontier Crew Pro-4x 4WD
By flip900rr on 12/12/11 13:09 PM (PST)

2012 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My first choice was the tacoma but it was at least $7K more with the same option. I test drove both. I like the look of the tacoma better but the price was just way too high. I ended buying the frontier because I got it $4K less than the MSRP. Now with the frontier, the handling and power is great. I took it off road already and it handled it very well. MPG is about 15 on the city. I have not driven it on the highway that often to check the mpg. If you are looking for a 4x4 truck, the pro-4x is the best deal under $30K out of the door. I shopped everywhere. I checked Rams, f150, tacoma, and all others. Price, reliability and handling are the main reasons I chose the frontier.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$123 per month*