PRO-4X
By kipster85 on
2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
This is my first truck, first "straight-from-the-factory" purchase, and first Nissan. 8k miles & 8 months later, I'm very happy overall with this vehicle. I naturally looked towards the Tacoma first since my buddy had one, but the price was steep. I then test drove the PRO-4X and I was highly impressed with the ride quality and handling both on and off road. The mpg does hurt if you drive in a slow speed town, but not too bad for highway travel. I've done everything with this truck except towing and mudding, and it runs beautifully.
Favorite Features
I love the built in Bluetooth and Aux input feature. The interior is built to handle abuse; no tears, scratches, or sheers with my 2 dogs in the back. The fold-down seatbacks and the fold-up seats allow me to hold all my tools, towing, and repair equip with ease. The speaker system is awesome! Even though I can have a ton of fun off-road, it's cool that my truck becomes the party truck while in the city with the speakers and subwoofer. 4WD and the VDC disable switch makes offroading a blast. The factory bedliner and rails are excellent and hold up to abuse quite well. 4.0L V6 is pretty awesome, lots of torque and power. I also love the wheels and the spacy glove compartment.
Suggested Improvements
Built in sensor or rearview camera would be good for tight parking quarters and parallel parking. Rear seating is a bit tight, can only fit 2 adults comfortably and there's not much legroom. Offer a color-matched camper top as an option when building/purchasing this vehicle. Armrests for the front seats would be nice for long drives. If the engineers could find a way to bump up the mixed MPG by 2, that would be awesome... the new Ford V-6 has raised the bar and I think Nissan needs to meet or beat that. Bring the V6 diesel to the states!