Great vehicle so far
By bob2468 on
2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
I compared Frontier & Tacoma - other than interior design the Frontier is way ahead... exterior, ride, driver comfort, performance, road noise, value. My past vehicles were 4 cylinder compact cars, so this was a big change. Love it so far! Getting about 21mpg in mostly city driving using a/c - better than I expected (easy on the gas, manual transmission). Back seats are just fine for the kids. Can't speak to reliability yet. Black/Beige, SV package OEM step rails, extender, fogs Truxedo bed cover
Favorite Features
1. Overall just a very nice vehicle - looks, ride, fun. Very solid. 2. Manual transmission. The only way to drive. 3. Hauling stuff (e.g. dirt bike). Utili-Track. 4. Best value for a compact pickup.
Suggested Improvements
1. Interior materials/design 2. SV package with a manual excludes the satellite radio?!? 3. More options on the SV (e.g. leather, wheels) or make an SL with a manual.
By sandlappergnv
on 09/05/11 18:01 PM (PDT)

By lever2
on 06/04/14 21:16 PM (PDT)

"By sandlappergnv on 09/05/11 18:01 PM (PDT) I purchased a 2011 Frontier SV with the 4.0 six cyl. engine, auto transmission. The drive line has noticeable slack (lash) in the drive line. When I complained about the "bump" coming from the drive line when pulling off from a dead stop, the dealer produced another truck that had the bumping sensation. The dealer and Nissan USA say the bump is normal and it is due to the design of the drive line. I will admit that this is my first truck with an automatic transmission, so maybe this condition is normal (but I doubt it). I was an aircraft mechanic back in the day, so I know a little bit about mechanics. The demo truck I drove prior to making the purchase did not have this bump coming from excessive slack in the drive line. The truck has a two piece drive line and the slack comes from multiple locations. The cumulative effect of this slack is annoying when accelerating from a full stop. Nissan USA will not attempt to resolve the issue. If this is normal, I will not keep the truck long term. I anticipate the bump every time I leave a stop light. If you are considering a purchase with this configuration, you have been warned." You are the First One,, that I've heard,, that has the same Symptom,, that my V6 KC has as well. This is my 2nd Nissan Truck. 1st one I bought new in '93,, and kept 20 year's till I got this '13 V6 KC. I guess,, the Slack is normal. Only thing is,, If my stop,, is short,, there is no slack. I guess the AT disengage's,, and then when I step on the Gas again,, the Slack,, is noticed. I don't really know,, but I sure do like my '13 SV V6 Frontier KC AT.