Frontier is a great truck in the city!
By emptyhooks on
2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
IMO, full-size trucks have gotten too big. Lanes and parking spaces certainly aren't getting any bigger and the Frontier Crew Cab is the perfect size for getting around. Pile in 3 or 4 buddies in the cab and throw the gear in the back and you're in a highly capable truck. Tow ably and tear it up off-road while still being able to squeeze through parking garages and fit into small parking spaces. It really is the best of both worlds in many ways. And its more fun to drive and even more burly sounding than the more expensive Tacoma. Now if only the Frontier could get significantly better gas mileage than the full-size pickups...
Favorite Features
I Love the sound of this truck! Even just starting it up there is a great low tone and muscular sound. The Frontier definitely has a better sound than the Tacos that I test drove. Also: -The seat fabric is awesome - skip the leather & get the sporty looking fabric that comes standard on SV -Seats are super comfortable -Rear seats fold up AND down -Rear is basically flat under rear seats -Rides smooth even over gravel roads -Driver rides higher than in the Taco -Locking tailgate is great -I've gotten a lot of great comments about the look of this truck. The black Frontiers in particular looks great! -Rear defroster comes in more handy than I would have thought -No timing belt to change out!
Suggested Improvements
There are a several fairly small things that I would change: -Add a locking gas cap -Make the driver's interior door handle a little easier to reach for...it's kind of tucked in close to the dash next to the steering wheel -Wish there was a rubber lining on the bottom of the console storage areas...things slide too easily -Really wish the SV came with auxiliary port. The antennae is way too good to be able to use an FM transmitter in my city -MPG isn't too bad but it's too similar to full-size trucks. It needs to get better. -Turning radius could be better