Better than a Tacoma
By danwatson on
2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I owned an '04 Tacoma Crew Cab that I was never going to get rid of. Very reliable and functional. Then I moved to the Eastern Sierras and needed 4WD. I quickly narrowed it down to a Tacoma and Frontier. Chose the Frontier because of better pricing an appearance. I''ve had it for10 months and nearly 13,000 miles. There has not been a problem. 4WD works great in the snow and I just got back from a hunting trip in Wyoming where I was off road for a couple of hundred miles. Even needed 4WD low and it went everywhere I needed to go. I'm very satisfied with the Frontier. It's my first Nissan truck (I used to own an Infiniti). I owned an 88 and 04 Toyotas and this is better than either.
Favorite Features
Very comfortable driving position. Good visibility. Powerful engine and smooth transmission. Appearance is subjective, but I find it good looking. 4WD works very well in snow and off road. So far, after 13,000 miles, reliability is great.
Suggested Improvements
Turning radius is not very good. Gas mileage could be better. A full size domestic truck gets as good. The back seat is not comfortable for long trips. The seat back is upright. It's got good, flexible storage in the back seat area which is nice to have.
By danwatson
on 04/03/14 19:21 PM (PDT)

I've now owned my Frontier for over 3 years and 35,000 miles. I'm still very pleased with it. The only problem I've had is a broken motor mount which the dealer discovered during its 30,000 mile service and fixed under warranty. I still wish it got better mileage and had a better turning radius, but otherwise, it's great. I've driven it long to Colorado and Mexico multiple times, and it's a very comfortable on the road.