2011 Nissan Frontier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Overall, I'm Impressed
By jkwstone on 05/19/11 06:35 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Like a lot of people I looked at the Frontier and Tacoma. When it came down to it, the price steered me towards the Frontier. The size is right, good power, comfort, capability, looks. I've been getting 18-19 mpg mixed driving, not bad for a capable 4x4 pickup.

First mid-size pickup.
By rdpope on 05/17/11 14:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have recently purchased the 2011 4X4 SV crew cab with the long bed. I have been quite impressed with the added safety features, good HP and handeling of this vechile. I traded an 06 Sierra for this vechile, and yes it is a tighter fit for me — 6’3″ 215 lbs–, but it’s not bad. Not sure I would want to ride in the back for very long; but it’s perfect for my 7 and 9 y.o boys. My father ownes a Chevy Colorado; I have say the Nissan far outpaces the Chevy both in interior design, comfort and ride. I looked at both the Frontier and the Tacoma. I just could not justify the higher price of the Tacoma. The Frontier has better HP, more room in the crew cab’s rear seat, and again has more standard sa

Frontier is a great truck in the city!
By emptyhooks on 03/25/11 22:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

IMO, full-size trucks have gotten too big. Lanes and parking spaces certainly aren't getting any bigger and the Frontier Crew Cab is the perfect size for getting around. Pile in 3 or 4 buddies in the cab and throw the gear in the back and you're in a highly capable truck. Tow ably and tear it up off-road while still being able to squeeze through parking garages and fit into small parking spaces. It really is the best of both worlds in many ways. And its more fun to drive and even more burly sounding than the more expensive Tacoma. Now if only the Frontier could get significantly better gas mileage than the full-size pickups...

Great offroad but also a excellent grocery getter
By mystro on 03/02/11 12:32 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Nissan should have named the 4x4 the Mountain Goat series..the Frontier out performs every other truck in it's class. Built like it looks.

2011 Nissan Frontier 4.0L AUTO 4X4 S MODEL 1000 miles
By sumncguy on 01/05/11 06:37 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Frontier S 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

V6 is capable but slow on starts, ok once revs are up. 4x4 is also capable in 4-6" snow. Seats + interior feel a little flimsy. Normally standards, Cruise + overhead drivers light not available on this model. Seats wife + I, our 13 + 9 year old comfortably. MPG is decent averaging 15 mph under varying conditions. 991 miles and 3 weeks of ownership. Overall, Im happy but some low grades, especially related to how the interior will hold up, indicate areas of concern at this point in time. I will return for a 6 month evaluation.

nice truck
By jbumx2 on 12/09/10 13:47 PM (PST)

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck and first Nissan. I sold my TSX to buy a truck so I could do more camping trips with my family. So let me just get this out of the way... I love this truck. It drives perfect. I usually drive conservatively and this truck is very nice and comfortable just cruising around. But when you need the power, this thing doesn't hesitate. The engine has a nice growl when you get on the gas. The interior is simple but works. The materials are hard plastic. Coming from the TSX and my wife's CR-V, I personally feel the switches in the Nissan are not as high quality, but they work nonetheless. (I'm probably just not used to them.) I got the Navy Blue and I can't stop looking at it.

Nissan Convert
By NissanNewbie on 11/20/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Nissan, and it came only after a very LONG deliberation between it and the Tacoma. Ive owned a 04' Tacoma, and it was a very reliable truck. But I always had this nagging voice in my head that I should have gotten a higher quality driving experience from the large amount of money they demand for that truck. This truck not only costs several thousand less, but "Feels" higher quality. The materials dont feel cheap like the Toy, and unlike the Toy, the steel around the bed doesn't feel like it should be wrapped around fish, instead of a truck. I got the "Lux Package", so the interior is SWEET! Once I drove them both, the decision was very easy. Nissan for the win!

NIssan will roll backwards
By Ken NH on 11/17/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

In July I purchased a new 2010 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X4 . With the new purchase I quickly discovered that when stopped on a hill, while in drive, the vehicle rolls backwards. It will similarly roll forward if in reverse and stopped when backing up. I now know there is a “Hill start assist” that allows the driver to stop on an incline, release the brake and not roll back for two seconds.” But after two seconds the vehicle rolls as if in neutral and will roll backwards unimpeded. Some assist. As effective as the Emperor’s New Clothes. Unaware of this “assist” I reported the problem to the dealership and I was told when on a hill I would have to “two pedal it.

Great deal
By Don on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 SL 4x4 crew cab, leather, "Top of the line", very happy with it, I replaced a 2000 SE 4x4 crew cab "Top of the line" I am a Nissan addict. Test Drive one and you will be sold on it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Frontier in VA is:

$117 per month*