Glad I made the switch to the Nissan
By fighterpilot on
2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)
After owning a 96 4x4 Ranger for 207K miles I was ready for something new. Had been looking at the Frontier for some time and finally bought. Glad I did. I opted for the 4.0L V6 with a 6 speed manual as the automatic proved to be quite a dog upon acceleration. I'm 3500 miles in and gas mileage is running about 20-21 when running the AC.
Favorite Features
Truck has a lot of power and acceleration when coupled with the 6 speed manual. Layout of the interior is good and the ride is stiff but not bone jarring. I've removed the stock air cleaner and installed a K&N Air Charger which helps with acceleration even more, especially in the 2000-3000 rpm range. Visibility out the rear could be better due to the high headrests of the back jump seats. Love the extra doors which open and provide access to the area behind the seats. Reviewing the frame and under body shows a very solid built truck. Stopping is good due to 4 wheel discs. Don't trailer anything so cannot comment on towing capacity. Also, have not done 4x4 yet.
Suggested Improvements
When I pull on the door handle I want it to unlock. Frontier doesn't work that way. When you shut the ignition off the locks will unlock or you must manually press the unlock button. The center console needs to be longer as it's difficult to put my right elbow on it during driving. The drivers mirror does not move out far enough to set them to pick up the blind spot. Maybe it's my cell phone but the Bluetooth quality is terrible. People on the other end cannot hear me no matter what I do. For some reason XM is not offered if you have a manual tranny King Cab. Don't really understand why. I ended up installing my own receiver. Floor mat showed wear after 2500 miles.
By 604doc
on 09/16/11 13:57 PM (PDT)

I thought the center arm rest was too short too.