2011 Nissan Frontier Consumer Review: Great truck, but as always a f

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Review

Great truck, but as always a few complaints
By thepatriot on

2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am mostly satisfied with this truck. I've driven this one for just over 8,000 miles. I like the exterior styling except for the excessive amounts of "chrome" or bright shiny metal/plastic. I'm fine with the bumpers being shiny, but the front bumper along with the bright grille is simply to much in my opinion. Not a big deal, I'm paint the grille and that problem is solved.They also attempted to solve this in the 2012 model with the sports package. I'm nearly satisfied with the interior. The materials could have been a bit better, but aren't bad overall. It just seems as if the plastics scuff up pretty easily. Lastly the automatic transmission is a bit of a gear hunter.

Ground clearance, power, MPG (personal best of 22.6 avg of 19.6) general quality inside and out. Ample room everywhere, locking glovebox, and dual glove box.

Better storage options for under rear seats in KC model. Lighting package (fogs, off road, etc.) Improve on the "gear hunting" automatic transmission. Better stereo. Bigger mirrors, or a spotter mirror option.