It does exactly what I need it to do.
By thepatriot on
2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)
I purchased this truck new about a year and a half ago. I have driven it nearly 17,000 miles in that time. There are a few complaints, but mostly good comments to make. This truck does exactly what I need it to do. The engine is powerful enough to accommodate standard needs, and still gets decent, for it's class, MPG. The 4WD system and HDC all work smoothly, and the brakes certainly get the job done. The one negative I have overall is the transmission. It's not horrible, but on long trips through mountain passes you will notice it can be a bit of a gear hunter unless you try and tame it down by taking OD off. If you do that, it is much smoother, but revs higher and it will reduce your MPG.
Favorite Features
Factory spray on bedliner Utilitrak System Locking tailgate Engine Ability to modify with aftermarket parts MPG for it's class Stock Ground Clearance Safety Ratings Head Curtain Airbags - Standard
Suggested Improvements
In 2011 they didn't have a factory way of getting rid of all the chrome (grille, front and rear bumpers) without upgrading to the PRO-4X model. That option was not easy for many as the MSRP was several thousand more. In 2012 they added an appearance package which solved that issue. My biggest appearance complain remains all the chrome. It is mostly good interior wise. Only improvements I would suggest are making the center console a bit bigger, the ability to slide the console lid forward for added comfort on long trips, and make it lockable. They also could have done a better job incorporating a storage system under the rear jump seats (KC model only).