Used 2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

My brilliant sleek silver king
By Carol Neal

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab S 4dr King Cab 6.1 ft. SB (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Great space for groceries, travel chairs, luggage, purse and endless possibilities behind the driver and passenger seat. Great 4 cupholders for all sizes. Large console between seats and spa e for change. Do not know the exact name but a bar on each side to pull yourself up more. I have had my 2011 frontier king cab since July 2014, one year. No repairs have been needed! I love the pull up bar esp. On drivers side. Also good size map, etc on bottom of all four doors and double dash doors. I paid $14,000 at modern Nissan in Winston Salem, nc. It is 5 gear Manuel. Also rear cab light stays on long enough to get to house door. Just make sure you shut all doors or the light stays on. Has brilliant silver finish. Water still beads up. Wipers work smooth and quite. I also have a 2008 Nissan rogue crossover purchased 2010. Still has not needed any repairs in 5 yrs! On a scale of 1-10 I give a 9.9 Thanks

2011 Frontier 4x4 with 50,000 miles
By deerguy

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 Frontier in June of 2011 and traded my F150 in on it. The truck is driven for work on the highway a lot but also in the field from time to time. I just went over 50,000 miles on this truck and have had only 1 minor fault with it this past winter. Once I did the recommended service on the transmission (Auto) that cleared up as well. I find my truck very comfortable and easy to drive on the highway. I also use the 4x4 from time to time in the woods or afield. I have had no issues at all with that. The only complaints that I would have is the reduced bed size & the gas mileage could be a little better. I could have purchased the longer bed though.

Driving and handling on the highway and off road! Truck has plenty of power!

Better gas mileage. I average about 19 or 20 highway or local.

I got the right truck
By garrettb

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Bought it brand new... now 1 year later going on 9k miles. Great truck always gets 19 mpg.. Great engine. 4x4 works great, tows very well. I have only a couple minor complaints... The passenger fold down seat rattles and drives me crazy. The turning radius is Terrible. My Armada U-turned Much better than this Frontier. Other than that I love the truck. It is a keeper for sure. I've owned a Ford Ranger and a Chevy Colorado. This Nissan is by far the nicest truck of all them.

The 4.0 V6 is a great engine. The price at around $24k was very good.

The automatic transmission searches around a bit. I would get the manual in retrospect. Nissan needs to figure out how to make this truck do a U turn.. its really bad.

It does exactly what I need it to do.
By thepatriot

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this truck new about a year and a half ago. I have driven it nearly 17,000 miles in that time. There are a few complaints, but mostly good comments to make. This truck does exactly what I need it to do. The engine is powerful enough to accommodate standard needs, and still gets decent, for it's class, MPG. The 4WD system and HDC all work smoothly, and the brakes certainly get the job done. The one negative I have overall is the transmission. It's not horrible, but on long trips through mountain passes you will notice it can be a bit of a gear hunter unless you try and tame it down by taking OD off. If you do that, it is much smoother, but revs higher and it will reduce your MPG.

Factory spray on bedliner Utilitrak System Locking tailgate Engine Ability to modify with aftermarket parts MPG for it's class Stock Ground Clearance Safety Ratings Head Curtain Airbags - Standard

In 2011 they didn't have a factory way of getting rid of all the chrome (grille, front and rear bumpers) without upgrading to the PRO-4X model. That option was not easy for many as the MSRP was several thousand more. In 2012 they added an appearance package which solved that issue. My biggest appearance complain remains all the chrome. It is mostly good interior wise. Only improvements I would suggest are making the center console a bit bigger, the ability to slide the console lid forward for added comfort on long trips, and make it lockable. They also could have done a better job incorporating a storage system under the rear jump seats (KC model only).

Great truck, but as always a few complaints
By thepatriot

2011 Nissan Frontier King Cab SV 4dr King Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am mostly satisfied with this truck. I've driven this one for just over 8,000 miles. I like the exterior styling except for the excessive amounts of "chrome" or bright shiny metal/plastic. I'm fine with the bumpers being shiny, but the front bumper along with the bright grille is simply to much in my opinion. Not a big deal, I'm paint the grille and that problem is solved.They also attempted to solve this in the 2012 model with the sports package. I'm nearly satisfied with the interior. The materials could have been a bit better, but aren't bad overall. It just seems as if the plastics scuff up pretty easily. Lastly the automatic transmission is a bit of a gear hunter.

Ground clearance, power, MPG (personal best of 22.6 avg of 19.6) general quality inside and out. Ample room everywhere, locking glovebox, and dual glove box.

Better storage options for under rear seats in KC model. Lighting package (fogs, off road, etc.) Improve on the "gear hunting" automatic transmission. Better stereo. Bigger mirrors, or a spotter mirror option.