2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:
Great truck
By mark383 on 08/14/13 10:59 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

Love my Frontier!
By dafowler88 on 03/27/13 12:45 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up.

Great value - horrible turning radius
By liberator1 on 09/04/12 11:55 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As with everyone else, I was shopping the Tacoma while shopping the Frontier. I can say I will never buy a Toyota simply because they don't want to negotiate their vehicles. The Tacoma did not offer many of the ammenities of the Frontier such as leather, auto seats, etc. The Frontier offers much more bang for the buck. The only thing I don't like is the horrible turning radius of the vehicle. You can't even make a u-turn on a 4 lane road without having to make a 3 point turn. An F-150 turns sharper than this smaller truck. Other than that, it rocks!

Best truck on the road
By feyded1020 on 03/29/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Tacoma and the Frontier both considerably to compare, and the ultimate winner as far as price goes and value, is the Frontier. The Tacoma has a weaker engine, the bed is flimsy, as well as the frame that the truck rides on, its not a fully boxed frame(Only HALF of the truck is semi boxed, the rest is just open framed) like the Frontier(every respectable truck manufacturer uses fully boxed frames for a reason, they are more rigid and provide better towing #'s). On top of all this, the Frontier rode better, offered way more power and way more features for less money. Overall the Tacoma didnt hold up when side by side to the Frontier.

Another Prior Tacoma Owner
By mc929 on 03/20/12 22:01 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Crew Cab and feel that the Frontier overall is notably better than the Tacoma. My Tacoma was a six speed manual and the best fuel economy I observed was eighteen. I have consistently got better than nineteen out of the Frontier and have gotten as good as twenty one mpg around town. I think the ride quality on the Nissan is vastly better and the cabin is notably quieter than the Tacoma. I think the power from the Nissan is better as well. However, turning radius as well as ground clearance and approach and departure angles I believe were much better on the Tacoma. Build quality on the Frontier also seems to be top notch. Reliability a non issue.

Better than a Tacoma
By danwatson on 10/16/11 22:06 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an '04 Tacoma Crew Cab that I was never going to get rid of. Very reliable and functional. Then I moved to the Eastern Sierras and needed 4WD. I quickly narrowed it down to a Tacoma and Frontier. Chose the Frontier because of better pricing an appearance. I''ve had it for10 months and nearly 13,000 miles. There has not been a problem. 4WD works great in the snow and I just got back from a hunting trip in Wyoming where I was off road for a couple of hundred miles. Even needed 4WD low and it went everywhere I needed to go. I'm very satisfied with the Frontier. It's my first Nissan truck (I used to own an Infiniti). I owned an 88 and 04 Toyotas and this is better than either.

PRO-4X
By kipster85 on 10/07/11 11:43 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first truck, first "straight-from-the-factory" purchase, and first Nissan. 8k miles & 8 months later, I'm very happy overall with this vehicle. I naturally looked towards the Tacoma first since my buddy had one, but the price was steep. I then test drove the PRO-4X and I was highly impressed with the ride quality and handling both on and off road. The mpg does hurt if you drive in a slow speed town, but not too bad for highway travel. I've done everything with this truck except towing and mudding, and it runs beautifully.

Pro-X
By 604doc on 09/16/11 13:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I needed/wanted a smallish pickup, and had it narrowed down to this, and the Honda Ridgeline. After driving it, and considering the $3,000 rebate, I went with the Frontier. There seems to be plenty of power, and it rides very well, absorbing bumps quietly. The turning radius is a bit wide, but I'm coming from a VW, so I think it's just a matter of getting used to it. The seats are very comfortable, with the driver's seat having 8 way adjustment, and lumbar support. Mileage is a bit low, averaging 14.7 around town, but I expect it to improve as it breaks in.

2011 Frontier Crew CAB SL
By glockamole on 09/12/11 08:36 AM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I had a Toyota Tacoma Doublecab TRD Off-Road, which I loved. I reluctantly traded for a car. When I came to realize I couldn't handle not having a truck, I began looking for a Tacoma or Frontier. When it came down to price and creature comforts, the Nissan Frontier was, hands down, the best choice for me. Toyota dealer was barely willing to negotiate with me on the price of a Doublecab 2WD. I ended up with my frontier, which has leather, sunroof, heated seats, nerf bars, bed extender, XM, and roof rack for roughly $4,000 less than the comparable Tacoma I was looking at. Ride and capabilities are every bit as good and it looks great. The only thing I miss is the back up camera in the Tacoma.

Better Value than a Similarily-Equipped Tacoma
By bpm2348 on 09/09/11 13:18 PM (PDT)

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned a Tacoma Pre-runner (2008) and now a Frontier. The Frontier has more power, is more comfortable, a better value, and rides more like an suv than a truck. I liked my Taco as well, but the seating position seemed weird and I am not a big guy. It seemed like my legs were a lot closer to the steering wheel in the Taco than the Frontier. The Frontier's seats are also a lot more comfortable. I like Tacomas, but the Frontier is just a better value and it was a lot easier to work a deal on one than on a Tacoma.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Nissan Frontier Crew-cab in VA is:

$117 per month*