Used 2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

great truck
By bernie kanzler

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

New Frontiers
By John Daulton

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

No problems with the power train or any systems. Driver's side cloth seat is worn, but I do that with all of my trucks.

Nice ride.
By Moe

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Turning radius is horrible. Fuel mileage leaves much to be desired. Could have more ground clearance but a 3" lift is very cheap allowing for 32" tires. That being said those are my only three gripes. Has lots of power for a V6. Warms up fast on cold days. Lots of handy storage compartments. Superior lighting was a must for me since I work at night hence I do a lot of night driving. The headlights are very bright without using high beams. The interior lights are also bright and encompass the entire cab. The rear seats fold down or up allowing for storage space for large objects you don't want in the bed of the truck.

Great truck
By mark383

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

Styling, size, ride and power.

Upgrade interior, move the console armrest toward the front and improve the turning radius.

Love my Frontier!
By dafowler88

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up.

Locking rear dif. 4-wheel drive system. Sound system is great! Well built bed tie downs, I use all the time. Towing capacity, 6500lbs. Heated Seats and mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Powerful engine.

Give the PRO-4X a little more stock ground clearance. Make the front windows Auto up & Down; drivers side is auto down only. Would be nice if they could somehow improve the city MPG without losing any of the smoothness or power. These are all pretty nit-picky items. Great truck for the money.

• SUV