Used 2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Frontier model:

Great truck
By mark383

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a new 2006 Toyota Tacoma V6 Prerunner and never really liked it. It was way too sensitive to any wind. It took a tight grip on the steering wheel to keep it on the road on a windy day. If it had been windy the day I test drove it, I would never had bought it. The Frontier drives great on windy days and very little wind noise compared to the Tacoma. It rides better, gets better fuel mileage, better transmission and has more power. The only gripe is the interior scratches easily and the turning radius is not as tight as the Tacoma. I went from a truck I hated to a truck I love to drive. That says it all.

Styling, size, ride and power.

Upgrade interior, move the console armrest toward the front and improve the turning radius.

Love my Frontier!
By dafowler88

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my Frontier PRO-4X in Jan '12 for $26,500. It was a slightly used 2011 model with 5700 miles. I couldn't be happier. The only thing I have had to do to it after putting 20k miles on it is change the battery which was replaced under warranty. The gas mileage is my only gripe, but I can live with that as I only have a 5 mile drive to work both ways (average 15.8, mostly city driving). I went with the Frontier over the Tacoma and F150 V6 mostly becuase of value but also because I just think it's a much better looking truck than either of the latter two. The 4-wheel drive system is second to none (Maybe Jeep, I suppose). It has great get-up.

Locking rear dif. 4-wheel drive system. Sound system is great! Well built bed tie downs, I use all the time. Towing capacity, 6500lbs. Heated Seats and mirrors. Auto-dimming rearview mirror. Powerful engine.

Give the PRO-4X a little more stock ground clearance. Make the front windows Auto up & Down; drivers side is auto down only. Would be nice if they could somehow improve the city MPG without losing any of the smoothness or power. These are all pretty nit-picky items. Great truck for the money.

Great value - horrible turning radius
By liberator1

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

As with everyone else, I was shopping the Tacoma while shopping the Frontier. I can say I will never buy a Toyota simply because they don't want to negotiate their vehicles. The Tacoma did not offer many of the ammenities of the Frontier such as leather, auto seats, etc. The Frontier offers much more bang for the buck. The only thing I don't like is the horrible turning radius of the vehicle. You can't even make a u-turn on a 4 lane road without having to make a 3 point turn. An F-150 turns sharper than this smaller truck. Other than that, it rocks!

Leather, blue tooth, power.

Turning.

Best truck on the road
By feyded1020

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab PRO-4X 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I drove the Tacoma and the Frontier both considerably to compare, and the ultimate winner as far as price goes and value, is the Frontier. The Tacoma has a weaker engine, the bed is flimsy, as well as the frame that the truck rides on, its not a fully boxed frame(Only HALF of the truck is semi boxed, the rest is just open framed) like the Frontier(every respectable truck manufacturer uses fully boxed frames for a reason, they are more rigid and provide better towing #'s). On top of all this, the Frontier rode better, offered way more power and way more features for less money. Overall the Tacoma didnt hold up when side by side to the Frontier.

Spacious, 4x4 capability, smooth ride, ergonomics, ease of use, quiet cabin, comfy seating, reliability

Gas mileage(expected it to be moderate though)

Another Prior Tacoma Owner
By mc929

2011 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SL 4dr Crew Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 TRD Crew Cab and feel that the Frontier overall is notably better than the Tacoma. My Tacoma was a six speed manual and the best fuel economy I observed was eighteen. I have consistently got better than nineteen out of the Frontier and have gotten as good as twenty one mpg around town. I think the ride quality on the Nissan is vastly better and the cabin is notably quieter than the Tacoma. I think the power from the Nissan is better as well. However, turning radius as well as ground clearance and approach and departure angles I believe were much better on the Tacoma. Build quality on the Frontier also seems to be top notch. Reliability a non issue.

1. Reliability perfect to date (22,000 miles) 2. Comfortable seating up front. 3. Great view of the road. 4. Lots of functional storage to include two glove boxes and under seat stow bins. 5. Smooth and quiet ride. 6. Have been consistently getting nineteen mpg around town. 7. Lots of power 8. Good steel bed tie down system (not plastic like Tacoma) 9. Good stereo sound (for a pickup)

1. Turning radius 2. Ground clearance